And what a year it was. We had a lot of time to reflect on the year, and look forward to the upcoming year over Christmas -- which I will be blogging about soon. But Ryan and I got an unexpected 27 hour drive twice in 1 week! ;) Lots of time to reflect, talk, and plan.
May I also add that the fact that I still couldn't wait to get home from work to share my evening with him today, tells me that I married the right dude :)
Alright, here are my 2015 highlights!
- We got a puppy who stole our hearts: Miles. This little ball of fur taught me to put others' needs before my own. And brought us so much joy (and some messes).
- In February, we did another Ragnar (my 4th): Ragnar del Sol in Phoenix. We did this with a group of close friends, and it was an absolute blast! 30 hours filled with adventure, challenging miles, laughter, and beautiful scenery!
- We traveled to Ohio to visit Ryan's sister Erin and her beautiful family. They are also an Air Force family, so it is difficult to get us all together at the same time -- we had a blast!
- We got scuba certified and went on 3 diving trips this year! San Carlos, Himalaya Bay, and 2 dives in Kauai. This is a hobby that I hold dear in my heart. There is something so incredible about discovering the world that lies under the sea. We've made great friends through it, and cannot wait to see where our fins take us in the future!
- Our Hawaii trip was incredible. The highlight was definitely completing the Kalalau trail hike. That is definitely the toughest thing I've ever completed mentally and physically. So this was a huge accomplishment and amazing memory!
- Planning and celebrating the marriage of one of my best friends; Heather. I cannot believe how blessed I've been to find a group of strong, supportive, amazing women in my life. The picture below was taken the day Ryan and I found out he got an F-16 pilot spot...which was another highlight of 2015! We were spending the day at Lowes Ventana Canyon Resort, and I got to celebrate over a bottle of champagne with these ladies.
- Going to Miami with my Mom and sisters for our bi-annual girls trip! I so cherish time with these women! These trips are always filled with great memories, relaxation, and laughter!
In addition to good memories and beach time - we also enjoy some delicious food & libations during these trips! ;)
- Completing my 1st Olympic Triathlon! Training super hard, and finishing was a huge accomplishment. Highlight of that was training and completing it with great friends! I'm so blessed to have great friends who make the miles fun.
Below is a picture of my crew @ 5:00am - which we do 3 days a week together. Seeing these ladies make that 4:35am alarm not so bad ;)
- Completing the El Tour de Tucson 75 mile ride. Bucket list item crossed off!
- And finally....rounding out a great year with some family time! Ryan and I traveled to Minnesota for almost 1 week to spend it with my parents and most of my siblings & their children. There is nothing more I ever want Christmas than to be surrounded by the people who mean the most to me in my life!
Above is a photo collage of Christmas Eve. So much joy!
Me and my "twin" sister (so many people have said we look like twins! Too funny. She's not really my twin, she's my older sister). This was us wearing MANY layers before heading out for a run in a mild snow storm :)
Playing out on the ice with my sweet God-daughter/niece Evelyn. Isn't she a doll?
Below is a picture of my brother and his family - they were gracious enough to take Miles while we embark on the next few years of the journey of pilot training for Ryan! I think he fits in well ;)
(PS - we miss Miles already!)
I don't know how 2016 can top the year that 2015 gave us, but I'm confident we have the right ingredients to a good year: challenging careers, running shoes, new adventures, good friends, and beautiful family!
I hope you all are at a state of peace and happiness as your ring in the new year! Cheers!