Skip to main content

The Wedding...revisited

So I left off with Tuesday's anticipation of the big events for the weekend! Wednesday morning Ryan and I went for a run, had a great workout in the the backyard of my parents house.....and this was probably the last normal moment we had alone and together for the rest of the weekend! I am so glad we did this. We got some quality time together to talk, laugh, and encourage each other....got a little taste of our normal routine before the excitement all came. I made him breakfast, and he was back to the lakes. I packed up my bags to head to Wahpeton with Mom to get my nails done.

Wednesday was a great day to get some good bonding time with my Mom. It's funny how when I was a young teenager--I had such attitude towards my parents and would strive so hard to be the complete opposite of them. Now I can proudly say that I strive so hard to become a woman like my Mother. I arrived at the glorious lakes (which is probably my favorite place in the world)...and headed to my bridesmaid Sarah's cabin to catch up on much lost time! It was great to pick up exactly where we had left off!

Thursday morning I woke up to an absolutely picturesque day at the lakes. The lake was like glass, sun was shining, and weather was perfect. Ryan came over to the cabin that morning and we took the boat out onto the lake for about an hour. It was absolutely perfect.

My sister's both arrived at the cabin that morning, and we headed to town for the "Bridal Luncheon" where we met Ryan's Mom (Jan), sister (Erin), and his Grandma Alberts. It was so fun to have a morning together to get acquainted and talk about the upcoming weekend.

It was then preparation time for my bachelorette party. This was absolutely perfect. An evening with the woman who inspire me and who I love the most: my sisters, sister-in-laws, mom, aunts, cousins, and future mother and sister-in laws! It was great. We had margaritas, sangria, chicken tacos, and an incredible cake my extremely talented sister-in-law, Erin made! (Pictures on Lisa's blog )

That night the real excitement and reality that the wedding was coming SOON hit. I think I slept maybe 2 hours that night? My night was spent tossing and turning about. I woke in the morning, and took a nice long run in the rain. Some may see this as crazy. I see this as glorious. I love rain, and miss it dearly--and something about running in the rain is cleansing and refreshing to me!

It was now Friday. The day of the Rehearsal. This is the day where Abby became the nightmare of a stressed out bride. I think this was the only day I felt like this. I was worried. I am a worrier by nature. My only thoughts: "What if no one read the itinerary I sent out? What if everyone is late for the rehearsal..then no one will know what to do during the wedding. Our wedding will be a disaster! What if it's raining again tomorrow?--Pictures will be ruined. Ryan had his bachelor party tonight--what if he doesn't make it back to the lakes in time??? What if no one picked up their tuxedo's yesterday? What if I get sick today?? What if ... what if ...

....what if I took a chill pill?

More to come later ;)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I love hearing about the weekend from your perspective. :) It seems like the day before the wedding is always the most stressful for the bride. When the big day comes, everything magically falls into place and at that point, all that matters is that you are marrying the man of your dreams. :)
Mama Nastase said…
The anticipation of the next entry is great...
Marlys said…
I am so glad you are doing this, Abby! Take your time and reflect on all the details! Well, I suppose you could leave out a few details like your honeymoon night, but you will have to tell the story about the suite you had! Watching the video will help you to remember how you two felt at various times, right? I'm so glad you have it, sans the quality!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...