Skip to main content

A little update :)

It has been busy lately! It has been awhile since I have purely blogged for enjoyment.

It seems this blog has become a list of disasters and adventures I run into during daily life. But life has been seemingly calm.

So here is a list of completely random new things that are consuming life lately!

1) I started the gas grill the other day for the 1st time since the "Pre-Wedding Hair-Burning Incident" (if you remember). Let's jsut say, upon pushing the ignition I just back about 20 ft to avoid any possible flame up.

It was less eventful this time.

2) I started my Pediatric rotation. I have been at the hospital in training/clinicals too much this week.

3) Kids are really cute, and they sure know how to melt my heart! But I really don't like seeing them sick hooked up to ventilators, going through chemo, IV's, and in pain. It hurts my heart, and is really hard for me to "leave at the office", as they say.

4) Ryan did some mad networking at his Telemetry conference in Las Vegas -- and has had these companies calling him left & right all week wanting to set up interviews. Very exciting!

5) We got our wedding pictures finally! If you have not yet seen them. Check them out www.photographybyjoelson.com, Click on Celebrations - To View an Event, click here - View Photos - Then enter the code: 40633PNastase

6) Ryan & I are hosting our 1st Thanksgiving this month. I am quite nervous. We have the potential of ruining someone else's holiday. Scary. We love to cook and do it quite often--so hopefully this will have trained us??

7) Really random Abby-fact: I am no longer eating cheese. I always have stomach aches. And most of my meals have cheese b/c I eat a large quantity of salads. I decided to start eliminating different foods out of my diet to isolate the problem. Since I quit eating cheese -- I have felt G.R.E.A.T.! Kinda weird. (it's probably all in my head? -- but it's been effective, so I'll take it!)

8) I have spent way too much time in meeting and lectures lately. I would say about 65% of my nursing class make me want to pull my hair out (one hair at a time with a tweezers, preferably).

9) Last night Ry & I made Chicken-Spinach Tortelli. It was the first time I have ever made a white sauce. I hated the sauce--loved the tortellinis! I am wondering how Italian restuarants do it. We only made like 14 tortellini's and it took like an hour!!??

10) The newest question that boggles my mind: How do they make Cheerio's?

-how do they make this little oat morsel, with a hole in the middle? Do they roll out individual little strips, and shape them into circles? Are they circles with holes punched in the middle? This truly boggles my mind. I need to email "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel.


Well, I hope you all have a fabulous week!! :)

Comments

Chelsea said…
I am new to your blog and have not heard the gas grill story but it is HILARIOUS to think about! :)
Mama Nastase said…
Abby, we're so excited to spend our first Thanksgiving with you! An overcooked turkey, crunchy mashed potatoes and runny pumpkin pie couldn't ruin our holiday.

Love ya!
Lisa's Yarns said…
I am proud of you for hosting Tgiving. That would scare the bejesus out of me. I wouldn't know what to do with the turkey! ha!

No matter how the meal turns out, it's all about being together w/ family! I'll be at aunt barb's this year. So excited!!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...