Skip to main content

Ten On Tuesday

Here is my 10 on Tuesday! And thank God my Tuesday is done. I had 8 hours of home-health clinicals followed by a test. I hate home health. And yes, Hate is very very strong word!!

1. Are you usually late, early, or right on time?
-This totally depends on what I am attending. First time going to a new clinical, new class, interview -- I always try to be 10 minutes early. But now that I feel acclimated with class -- I show up right on the dot of when it starts. Actually, our teachers are always unorganized and running late -- so I have gave up on trying to be on time. They waste my time like that -- I will not make it my priority to be on time either.

2. What is your middle name?
Lea. I love it. It's spelled different than most "Lee's, Leigh's, Lei's"; so the uniqueness makes me happy!

3. What are the last 4 digits of your cell phone number?
5007. I am so lame that when I have had to give it out I actually say "Five double-oh-seven". No, I don't like James Bond. I'm just lame! :)

4. How big is your bed?
King size, and super comfortable. But I could sleep on anything. Seriously.

5. What are you allergic to?
Mold, cheese molds, pollen, Cephzil (a cephalosporin antibiotic), pine needles, and "Snuggle" fabric softener! I say I'm allergic to dogs. I'm not really. But it's my way of getting dogs to stay the heck away from me.

Today, I was doing a home visit. They're ugly little dog kept jumping up and sniffing me, I kept pushing him off of me -- with my knees and legs (kind of kicking it). Finally I was like "I'm reallllly allergic to dogs"

6. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
-Drink water, stretch, and put on my contacts!

7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
-Hmmm....all I remember watching as a child was the shows my older siblings watched. 90210, Party of Five, Saved By the Bell. I also liked Full House.

8. Will you, or did you, go to your High School reunion?
-H-E-L-L- no! I would have to be crazy. I hated high school. When I was home for Christmas, I saw a former classmate of mine. I turned my head and burried my head behind Ryan to hide from this guy, all to avoid just saying "Hi, Merry Christmas! Heard you got married this summer. Me too. Still living in small-town ND, doing nothing with your life, huh? Neat. Well...have a nice life!"

9. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it; does it make a sound?
-Of course!

10. What, in your opinion, is the great invention? (You know, since sliced bread)
-Hmm..there's a lot of basics that are obvious. But today I'm going to say refridgerators. How did people eat and not get sick before the day of fridges? Didn't their meat rot? Did people just like, vomit incessantly during life due to various salmonellas, ecolis, etc? Ew.

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I kind of wish I knew if I was actually allergic to dogs. When I got tested, they asked if I wanted to be tested for dogs, but I knew I'd never have one so I decided not to since I was already being poked by enough needles (like 40, no joke). But now I kind of wish I knew if I was actually allergic - I think I am but can't be quite certain...

Great answers! Here's to home health almost being over for you!
Mama Nastase said…
You're so funny! I actually laughed out loud at number 10...I've wondered the same thing, myself!

Agree with Lisa, here's to home health being almost over for you. What's next?
Marlys said…
Oh, Abby! You made your old mother laugh out loud - isn't that great? Thanks for the funny post! I will have to have your Dad read it, too!
Anonymous said…
Learn to spell! Yikes! People don't need to see you either!
Marlys said…
Who, in God's name, is anonymous? You have a nasty mouth and evil personality!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...