Skip to main content

In just one month.....

In just one month...many great things are occuring! I just have to think of how fast a month goes, and this makes me grin ear-to-ear!

In exactly one month today:.....
  • Our family will be here!
    • Holy buckets, do I ever miss family! - And I'm so excited for them to come out here! They haven't been here since we've lived in this house, so am looking forward to this. (Wish we could be in a different house....that is owned by us......but that will be coming in the next year. We have to be patient! One life-landmark at a time!)
  • We will be having our graduation party. This will be an excellent fiesta! I am making Mexican food since it's great to make for the masses, I can whip up some killer salsa and shredded chicken (I must say), and it Gluten Free for one of my special guests! (my sister)
  • May 15 marks a very special day in our life........
    • 2 years ago, May 15, 2008; our U-Haul truck pulled into Tucson, AZ to start our lives in the southwest!
    • I cannot believe how fast 2 years went. Sometimes it feels like that happened yesterday.
    • Other times, I feel like a completely different gal was moving to this area! I can't believe how much one can change and grow in such a short period of time!
Things are going well down here - with the excitement of the end being visible. It's funny that I act like the end is so near. Just because I "walk" in my cap & gown on May 1, doesn't really mean much. I get a fake diploma, and don't actually get my REAL diploma/BSN pin until August 20! But, I'm excited to get Ryan back!

Don't get me wrong, I love my alone/serene time. (It's great for studying, and I get to eat whatever I want for supper "Hm...tonight I'll have a salad & toast with ketchup & mustard"). But seeing Ryan for about 20 minutes in the morning, and 1 hour at night kind of stinks!

Well, Happy Friday everyone (for I am sure many are reading this on Friday)! A recipe post of some sort is to come this weekend! So stay tuned.........

Comments

Marlys said…
I agree on the alone time - it's great once in awhile and even necessary, but not all the time or even more than once a week or so!
I like to make popcorn for my supper if Paul is gone! We are so exicted to come for graduation and to see where you live - pictures just aren't the same! I am excited for hot weather as I know we will only be there a few days!
Lisa's Yarns said…
I am so, so excited!! Can't wait to see Tucson and hang out with you guys! You both have worked so so hard, so you deserve to celebrate! Mexican Fiestas are the best, in my opinion. When i host people, that is probably my #1 choice for what I would serve. Mmmm... Actually, I am heading to the store in a bit to get fixing for taco salad. :)

I like alone time, too, but it needs to be moderation. And i would probably need a whole lot less if I had a someone special to spend my time with. But i do actually like being alone, so that is good since i do end up spending alot of my time alone! I like that I don't have to consider what someone else wants for dinner. And I can eat random breakfasts without someone lookign at me and saying - really? You are going to eat that? LIke when I was at Target and was workign super long days, i had to eat a big breakfast to make ti through the morning & I would often eat Mac and cheese!! I am sure I would get some strange looks if I had a husband! :)
Elina said…
Sounds like a lot of great things will be happening soon!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...