Skip to main content

July already?!

It's time for the monthly update. I feel sheepish saying this, for I know the summer goes WAY TOO FAST. But, summer isn't all that pleasant in AZ. 109, 105, 106, 109, hot hot hot. Plus, the closer to August 20 (graduation) - the happier I am.

But, I will continue to pray this summer goes slowly for all my loves up north! :)

Current Music:

-My sister Lisa burned a Glee Season 1 soundtrack for me, and I am definitely enjoying it. I've also loving the Neil Diamond - it frequented our camping trip :)
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure:
Red licorice. I bought a bag for our camping trip, didn't finish the bag on the trip - so have been snacking on it. Yum. I love licorice. Black or red.

Current Colors:
Anything but purple! I am so sick of wearing my ugly, purple, scrubs. Purple is my school color. I will never wear this color again after I graduate......

I did buy a orangy-pink colored sundress a few weeks ago. Sounds ugly - but with a nice tan...it's kind of striking! I'm kinda digging that color!
Current Obsessions:
Camping. I fell absolutely in love with it last weekend. There is nothing more amazing than being out in the wilderness with no phones, no worries, no concerns! And it's so gorgeous! I am obsessed with waking up in a tent hearing the world. :)
Current Drink:
Besides way too much coffee......

Diet Cherry 7-up. Yum. It claims to have Vitamin E?! :) So that means it's good for me!

Current Song:
Hmmm... Because of my current Neil Diamond kick - I will say "Forever in Bluejeans"
Current Movie:
I'm going to be honest - I haven't seen a movie in a while! About 2 weeks ago, however - Ryan had a "poker night" on a Friday. Which meant I took a break from studying, poured myself a glass of wine, and watched  a chick flick - "When Harry Met Sally". And that sure did brighten my day!

Current TV Shows:
The Office. I love that show. It brightens my day any day.
Current Wish-List:
New running shoes. A new stethoscope (which I will be purchasing upon graduation in 53 days). Rain! A decrease in the temperatures.
Current Needs:
-My sunburnt scalp to heal. I was a good girl on our trip - and applied sunscreen - but our day out on the boat I got a burnt scalp. Owwww.
-More days in the week!
Current Triumph:
Official grades haven't been posted - but - I am pretty sure (how things are looking) I got an A in Critical Care. I was shooting for better than a C. So yay!

I went a whole weekend without showering, and didn't complain ONCE. This is huge.
Current Bane of my Existence:
Percutaneous Coronary Interventions. My Capstone.

Current Goals:
-Have a great experience in Practicum and learn as much possible.
-Write a bangin' Capstone presentation.
-Swim 1.5 miles. That may not be a lot to some - but I am NOT a "swimmer" by nature.

Current Indulgence:
Cantelope and peaches. It's super cheap here this time of the year.
Oh, and pickled beets. Holy cow, have I been eating a lot of those lately! Yum. Ryan always knows when I've been snacking on them because my tongue and lips will be REALLY red.
Current Blessings:
-My education! The end is in site.
-The world that God has given us. I truely got up-close and personal with how amazing nature is this past weekend!

Current Slang or Saying:
I have been saying "Oh Lord" or "Oh Lordy" quite frequently lately.

Current (Fav) Outfit:
Swimming suit! The only way I can be outdoors and not miserable is in a pool!
Current Excitement:
It's the 4th of July weekend! Yay! Even though I am extremely bummed we won't be at the lakes with family - we have a fun weekend planned anyways! I'm also excited to start my practicum clinicals next Friday!

Current Mood:
Well now that I'm getting "a handle" on my Capstone paper - I am light and happy! But, Lord, this morning - I was a MONSTER of a crab! :-(

Comments

Unknown said…
1. Camping is the best. Our favorite family memories are from camping trips. And, obviously, Paul and I continue to love the experience. When we turned 40 I declared my days of sleeping on the ground were over, so we became campers Paul and I used to make fun of in our backpacking days and moved "up" to a camper. Now, we still call it camping even though we have a refrigerator, shower and air conditioner. But, this way we can afford to travel and see the beautiful spots in this country. We do want to come to Arizona...in the winter!!!
2. Licorice is always what we buy for road trips. I love black, the rest of the family loves red.
3. Harry Met Sally: great movie. "I'll have what she's having."
4. Keep us posted on your paper. Hang in there!!!
Lisa's Yarns said…
Can't wait to hear more about your camping trip - sounds like it was amazing and was just the getaway you needed!

Way to go on the A! I know it's not official yet, but I am sure it will happen. Way to go you! I didn't doubt for a moment that you'd get an A, though!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...