Skip to main content

Ten On Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! As you are reading this, I am at my last clinical of nursing school. Yep, that means the last day of purple (ugly) scrubs!! :)

1. What is your current favorite television show?
I don't really watch much tv at all. But I do enjoy watcing The Today's Show or re-runs (on Netflix) of The Office.


2. Apple juice or orange juice?
Apple Juice - it's more refreshing and thirst-quenching.
My Mom made home-made apple juice last fall, and *oh my goodness* -- best thing ever! Mmm :) I wish she could've boxed it up and sent it south to AZ!!!
3. It’s Shark Week on Discover Channel. Do you watch? Why or why not?
Nope. My attention span does not handle shows like that - sorry to all you shark lovers...

4. What are the non-blog websites that you visit regularly?
my.gcu.edu (unfortunately - my school website)
my bank website
facebook
allrecipes.com

5. What is your favorite way to prepare green beans? Asparagus? Potatoes? Carrots?
Green beans: just slightly warmed up on the stove. Fresh from the garden.
Asparagus: with a little balsalmic vinegar, oregano, pepper - on the grill! Still a little crunchy
Potatoes: on the grill with some cumin, pepper, salt (maybe a little ketchup, too!)
Carrots: raw dipped in mustard
6. What is your favorite flower?
Tulips - yellow :)

7. How do you feel about handkerchiefs?
The word "handerchief" makes me think of "snot". So no thank-you. I (nerd-ily) wear a bandana when I clean and sometimes when I go running.

8. If you could only shop at 3 stores for the rest of your life, what would they be? (You probably should include a grocery store.)
Target
Fry's
The Running Shop

9. If you could only use wine for one purpose for the rest of your life, which would you choose? To cook with or to drink?
Is that really a question? To drink. Of course. I'm a win-o.
10. What’s your bedtime?
Depends on the day. I like to keep it around 10:30-11. And that stays pretty consistent.

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
It was way way hard to just pick 3 stores... no way I could actually survive w/ only 3 stores at my disposal...

I did not know you liked pulpy OJ! interesting!
Jess said…
Congrats on your last clinical! Must be a great feeling.

I've always been curious about Shark Week and never actually watched it, for the very same reason - I just don't know that my attention span could handle it!
Unknown said…
Congratulations for surviving clinicals!
Marlys said…
Hope your last day in purple scrubs goes well! What will you do with them - wear them when you clean house? I know they are comfortable! What color will you get when you start as an RN? Or do hospitals dictate that? We always wore white dresses when I was an RN with a real RN hat! How times have changed! For the better, I do say!
Ugh I hate shark week so you are not offending me haha.

Congrats on your last clinical! Perhaps you will celebrate by cooking with wine? haha just kidding :)

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...