Skip to main content

Really?!?! :(

So there I was at 1:00 am this morning vomiting.



Good morning/afternoon to all!

Isn't that a great way to start out a fabulous and inspiring post?!

Sorry -- too much NCLEX studying + no sleep + being sick & cynical = vulgarity.

So I take my NCLEX TOMORROW at 12:30 pm. The biggest test of my life!! Ever!! If I fail this? I am screwed and my entire college education is a worthless waste. I will probably be thrown on the streets, spit on, and forever shunned if I fail.

Just kidding...if for some God-awful reason I fail - I can always retike it.
....in 45 days after paying $700 MORE dollars that I don't have ;)  (but that won't be happening!)

In all honesty, I was feeling pretty confident.

But my husband & I got some excellent "bonding time" last night.

We got the stomach flu together. How. Effing. Cute.

Yeah, not happy. His flight for California leaves tomorrow morning (for work). So we both need to get better fast.

Or we're screwed.

My deepest apologies for yet another "ranting post". I promised I'd keep these minimal. I promise tomorrow will have a happy, enlightening, exciting post!

But, I had to share our exciting news.

"Luckily" - being sick...I am forced to be confined to the couch with thousands of pillows supporting my aching body & powerade in lap -- so I have no choice to do anything BUT study.

It could be worse. I could've gotten the stomach flu mid-NCLEX test. That would be a real memory...

Well, Have a great Tuesday - my lovely bloggers! If you could...please send "get well" and "good luck" prayers our way! Tomorrow is a big day!

(And I'm sorry if I grossed anyone out. I tend to be a bit crude/blunt about human physiology ect...)

Comments

Marlys said…
Actually, I think you are handling this whole thing quite well! It is surely not funny and I hope you both get rested up today and get a good night's sleep so you can both have a good day tomorrow! On the bright side, it's good it didn't happen tonight, right? I love the first picture!
Jess said…
Yikes!! I really hope you feel better ASAP! I am sure you've studied all you can possibly study, plus the fact that this has been your life for a few years, so the best thing you can do now is rest and get better!!

Good luck tomorrow! And hope both you guys get better :)
Lisa's Yarns said…
Ugh, I felt sick to my stomach when mom emailed me & said you got the flu. :( You poor things! Getting the flu is the worst - and then getting it the week of the biggest exam of your life? Ugh. How terrible.

I KNOW you will rock this exam, though! BBM right after and let me know how it goes!!
Mama Nastase said…
I agree with your mom, you are handling this VERY well! I hope you both woke up this morning, feeling 100% better.

You've been living and breathing everything you need for this test today and I know you're going to rock it!

Will be thinking of and praying for you at 12:30...I'm going to light a candle RIGHT NOW!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...