Skip to main content

The time has come, my friends.

The time has come. You know when you've been really good? You've been exercising, eating good portions, getting your 6 servings of vegetables.........and then the opportunity to go out for ice cream comes about. You do it. You deserve it. No guilt here!

Well, I'm not giving you cyber-servings of mint-choco-ice-cream, folks. I'm giving you a rant.

I know. So not as cool and exciting as ice cream.

I try to ration my "rants". All because I don't want the world of blogging to think, "Wow, this girl is one raging b*tch!". I just like to see the world from a different angle sometimes. What's that angle? Fricking sarcastic and cynical, and sometimes irritated.

So....brace yourselves - here it goes! *Disclaimer, this is just for fun! *

What is my rant-o-choice this time?

Yep. That's right. Grocery carts.

You're all probably thinking, Why do grocery carts make this girl angry. Wow. She really is a "raging B*tch".

No. I'm talking about the laziness attached to our shoppers. I don't know if this is a national issue.

It is an issue at my local grocery store, and it drives me I N S A N E!!!

You know how there are these little "grocery cart collection areas"? Those areas where, "When you are done shopping, walk 20 feet, and place your cart here"

Oh. Hell. No. Not at my grocery store.

People take their grocery carts, and prop them up on curbs, push them into cars, or just get real lazy and leave them in the middle of the aisle.

Really??????!!!!!!

Here is my synopsis of these citzens: (this is only a prediction, remember)
You just spent probably 20-30 minutes WALKING around the grocery store picking up items such as the following:

  • Doritos

  • Spam

  • Dr. Pepper

  • Pepsi

  • Moutain Dew

  • Natural Light

  • Keystone Light

  • Hungy Man Dinners (a nice assortment)

  • Instant Potatoes

  • Microwavable mini sausages

  • Many packets of cheese dogs

  • Ho-ho's - strawberry flavored

  • Oreos

  • Ho-ho's - vanilla flavored (okay, I don't know what Ho-Ho's are actually. I've seen them. I'm just making assumptions here.....)

  • Bugles

  • Fritos

  • Ice Cream

  • Drumsticks (not chicken, the ice cream kind)

  • Microwavable Hot Wings

  • Pizza Rolls

  • Microwave Pizza (does that exist? I don't know. Just guessing)
After you have purchased a fantastically FULL grocery cart of processed food......You go to the self checkout. And you TAKE YOUR FREAKING TIME. You are the slowest checker-outer in the history of the world.

Then, You push your cart out to the car. You load your Ford Taurus fulllllll of your processed foods....

And then you say to yourself, "I gotta get home and throw dinner in the microwave!!!! I don't have TIME to walk my cart 10 feet to put it in the designated area"

So you actually put more effort into propping it up on the curb. Because you are so lazy that you can't walk 10 feet.

Meanwhile, a 95 year old woman with a cane picks up your lazy cart and puts it away for you.

But you don't notice. Because you're driving away while texting.

Now that I got that off my chest....I feel much better!

Happy Wednesday!!!

I take my NCLEX on September 21!!!!!!! Yay!!! That means I'll most likely be an RN on September 23!? (officially)

Comments

Marlys said…
I had to laugh - just had to! That scenario is true no matter where you go! And if it's a windy day, like the many we have in the midwest, those carts can blow right into your car and leave a nasty dent! Grrr!
Mama Nastase said…
Ha ha ha! You forgot the scenario of the person who grabs a gallon of milk in the dairy dept and then leaves it on a shelf in housewares because they've changed their mind. Meanwhile that gallon of milk sits for hours before a clerk puts it back in the refrigerator for some unsuspecting person to buy. :(
Lisa's Yarns said…
yep, this happens at my grocery store... Not as often, but it does happen.

I am sort of anal about putting grocery carts away. I push them together and push them to the back of the corral. I am sure people see me doign this and think I am a store employee... It gives me a sense of satisfaction to leave that area 'tidy'. ;)
Mama Nastase said…
Lisa, I agree about shoving the cars all the way in when I return mine to the corral...however I feel it would be dishonest if I didn't admit that occasionally I have been one of the guilty ones who have parked her cart on the curb! (I know, I know!!) :cringe: But in my defense, it was because I would have had to leave the baby in the car, out of sight of the corral, in order to return it properly.

This entry made me grin as I ran into the store during rush-hour on "Senior Discount Wednesday" yesterday. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...