Skip to main content

Happy Monday, all!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I know I did!

It was kicked off Friday night. After a grueling shift of orientation where I came home completely shell-shocked....

Ryan & I headed to the SAHBA (Southern Arizona Home Builder's Association) Home & Garden Show. It was exciting to talk to different companies about our landscaping plans for the house. We also talked to a variety of water-softener companies! Woo Hoo (that was the lesser exciting part)

We then headed into town for some Sushi. If you are ever in Tucson..........

Don't go to Fusion Wasabi :) -- unless you like your waitress/waiters to be complete assholes to you. Just a tip!

Food was EXCELLENT. Seroiusly wonderful, fresh, delicious sushi.

It wasn't that our waitress was slow or unattentive. She was actually rude to us. Mean. Snotty. Disappointing. I could go on and tell the details - but I'll just end with the fact that their service sucks.

But we still had a great night together. It has been a long time since Ryan & I have had a night out - just the 2 of us! So it was glorious!! :)

Saturday morning started off with a 9 mile run. I didn't have to hit the road until about 7:45 am. This is HUGE. Normally it's like 90 by 7:45! So happy for fall! It's still way to hot during the day, but I'll take the cool mornings/nights!

I brewed up some Non-Fat Pumpkin Spice Lattes. (Stay tuned...recipe coming tomorrow) ;)

We met some friends before the game for some tailgating and hit up the U of A game. First loss of the season. Boo.

Then Sunday (yesterday) - I worked my last shift of "orientation". Scary.

This afternoon I work my 1st solo shift as a nurse. I am not sure how working 2-11:30 pm will go. Since my bedtime is usually 10-ish. We shall see ;)

(To be honest..............I'm frightened, sick-to-my-stomach, terrified. I feel like my orientation was jipped. I am scared of what will happen with my 25 patients when the sun starts to set and their confusion sets in (it's called "Sun Downers Syndrome" -google it)

I predict I will find myself on my couch at midnight tonight crying, feeling defeated. But, we'll see!

So, if you would like....you should maybe say a prayer for me today! :)

Comments

Marlys said…
You can do it - but prayers coming your way! Say a bunch of Hail Mary's on your way to work and whenever you need some "divine" assistance on your shift. Our blessed Mother never fails!
Mama Nastase said…
Aw, I just read this! I had no idea you were so worried about your first shift...I have so much confidence in you that I guess I assumed you were feeling super confident, too. I'm so glad to know that your shift went well (everybody lived) and I want you to know you're in my prayers, every day.

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...