Skip to main content

30 Blogs: Picture of Something that Makes Me Happy

After I finish uploading this photo-o-happiness...I will be packing our suitcase for a very unique get-away! We are headed to Bisbee, AZ! It is a historic mining town about 2 hours from Tucson. This town is notorious for being highly populated with some serious "hippy love". In the summer, apparently people are barefoot in the streets selling their home-made goods and singing.

Being there is a part of me that is a bit of a flower child-wanna-be....(due to my love for Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, the harmonica) -- I'm kind of excited to see this.

After our weekend I will post pictures of the neat places we'll be staying! (since I don't want any creepy stalkers out there reading my blog showing up at our hotel room tonight....)

Now onto some happiness pictures..I can't settle with one!


This was the 1st time Ryan & I "locked eyes" on our wedding day. I still remember it and how nervous I was! This pictures gives me butterflies....

The Great Outdoors. This was taken in June when camping in the White Mountains. Probably one of the most breathtaking sunsets I've seen. This photo makes me feel peaceful....

My nephews. It was tough to find a picture with ALL of them on ONE couch. This was last Christmas when my sister Lisa was reading to all 4 at once. This picture makes me smile...

This was taken by the 17-foot U-Haul that we drove from Grand Forks, ND to Tucson, AZ 2.5 years ago. This is one of those pictures that we'll show grandkids some day and say "Look how young and crazy your Grandma was to take off across the country with your Grandpa! It all worked out absolutely perfect though!"

Running makes me feel happy....

My family! It's so incredible to see how much my family has grown over the years!

Comments

Amber said…
Hey, new blog name (or maybe I JUST noticed)! I like it :-)

Love the first picture you posted. It's so pretty and from a really great angle!!!

Also love the one in front of the uhaul - that is definitely a fun picture you'll show your grandkids one day :-)
Lisa's Yarns said…
Oo, I totally didn't notice the new blog title either! Amber is way more perceptive than I am! ha!

Love all these photos! That's a great shot of seeing Ry for the first time that day!

Have a wonderful weekend getaway!!
Haha funny cuz I noticed the new blog name but I'm like it was probably called that all along and I'm crazy.

Anyway, I love all the pictures and I'm excited to hear about your trip. I totally only mention hotels after the fact too! haha
Mama Nastase said…
I, too, love that picture..."First glimpse" or whatever they called it. Still chokes me up! ;*)

Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories.

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...