Skip to main content

Excited!

Today I am very excited, for tonight I go to the airport to pick up my dear sister Lisa!! As she stated in her blog this morning -- growing up we weren't the best of friends. In fact, we fought a lot. I remember Mom and Dad would have to sit between us during church because we'd fight. Sometimes during the sign of peace when you shake hands, we'd give the MOST death-squeezing-hand shakes.

I remember when we'd fight, my Mom would be so sad. She would say every Christmas, "All I want for Christmas is for you girls to get along!!!!" She'd also say, "Someday when you're grown up, you will be best friends"

We'd roll our eyes.

Then I moved away to Tucson, and we realized we missed each other. We discovered black-berry-messenger. We found out just how much we did, indeed, have in common. And in the process of re-getting-to-know-each other....we became great friends!

So this weekend will be wonderful. We plan on taking a road trip up to Phoenix to see her friend who just had a gorgeous baby in December. I've mapped out a running path for us to take. We plan on doing some grilling. The weather will be in the 70's -- it will be a fantastic weekend! :)

Hope you all have a great weekend too!!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Ha, I kind of forgot about the death-grip hand shaking in church.

How about the fighting sessions when I taught you piano lessons... Yikes, that was awful. I am sorry I was such a pill!!

Can't wait to see you!!!
Unknown said…
I am still laughing about the death grip during the sign of peace.
Lol the death-grip hand shaking in church. Awesome.

Hope you two have fun this weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...