Skip to main content

Weekend

I am not going to do a totally detailed post of the weekend.......I'll leave that to my sister, Lisa. ;) ;) Thanks in advance, Lisa!

Just kidding - but I didn't take much for pictures, as I never do. But she did! So when we get pictures of the weekend downloaded -- one of us will do a more detailed recap!

But what I will say is that it was a fantastic time!

She had a little dilemma of flights getting here -- and it was a VERY VERY close call. Minneapolis winter weather ALMOST held her from getting here Friday night. But, luckily the plane in Denver literally held to wait for her and other flights that were late due to weather.

We started out the weekend going up to Phoenix to meet up with her friend Heidi -- and got to meet her new daughter (who was born in December). And let me tell you, this little girl is the most precious and delicate baby!! I haven't seen a newborn in a VERY LONG TIME. I forgot how little babies are! We went out for a great lunch!

The weather was perfect all weekend. In the mid-70's. Can't beat that!

The rest of the weekend was filled with the following:
  • A champagne toast to Lisa being here
  • Dinner at a great sushi restaraunt
  • A very challenging, but gorgeous hike. May I re-state...very challenging. It was 2 miles uphill rocky incline. But, at the end you reach a canyon that is just breath-taking....so it's worth the hike/hardwork!
  • Shimp cocktail, wine, great conversation
  • Watching the Golden Globes together
  • Cooking great food
  • Introducing Lisa to Orange Leaf -- the most incredible invention ever (Frozen Yogurt shop where you can put any topping known to man on top of this plethora of goodness.. Yum. It's a little defeating when they have to weigh your creation at the end. "I just ate HOW many oz's of frozen yogurt? That scale has to be wrong...")
It was hard to say goodbye - but I am so glad we got this weekend together!!

Not only did I drop my dear sister Lisa off at the airport today, but my husband also left today for a week long business trip. So, I'm a lone duck for the week. Which will be okay -- being I am scheduled to work 50 hours this week. There is no complaining goin on here -- I purposely signed myself up for an extra shift to bring in a little extra $$.

Christmas season + moving + Starting to pay off Student loans = Not a lot of saving going on....

Hope you are all off to a great start to the week -- and if you get MLK day off...are enjoying your time off!

Comments

Amber said…
So glad to hear you girls had such a fantastic weekend together! That is awesome. :-)
Marlys said…
Great weekend recap, Abby! I can't wait to see pictures from Lisa! You sure packed a lot into two days! Have a good week of work! I bet your house seems quiet after the weekend!
Lisa's Yarns said…
Awesome recap! I will try to download pictures one night this week! And will do a recap post w/ photos next week! :)

I had such a good time - thanks for being such awesome hosts! :)

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...