Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday!

1. What’s your favorite kind of donut?
I really don't like donuts. At all. They make my mouth dry. And it's just bread...with sugar...It's just one of those things that do not excite me.

2. Do you use the snooze button?
Yes. In fact, we purposely set alarms 10 minutes early in this house to allow a "gradual" wake up. I don't like just jumping right out of bed.

3. Do you write in cursive, print, or a combination of the two?
Combination of the 2 - It depends on my mood.
4. Tell us a joke.
Okay, I usually ruin jokes, because I blurt out the punch line too early. But being I'm typing this......it should go okay:

It's Superbowl 45 - Packers vs. Steelers at Dallas stadium. And this older man is sitting 4th row from the front at the 50th yard-line. There is an empty seat next to him. A man behind him proclaims "Oh my GOD!! An Empty seat? Why an empty seat?!?! You've got the best seats in this house! This is ludicrous! What a waste!

The old man sighs and says, "Well, this seat was for my wife. But she passed away. So now it's an empty seat"

The fan gives a compassionate pat on the back, and says "I'm so sorry for your lost. Couldn't you find a family member or friend to join you to enjoy these great seats and this game??"

The old man replies, "They're all at her funeral."



5. How many languages do you speak?
English is my only fluent language. I also speak a little Spanglish. But I'm terrible at it -- and need to learn it desperately if I want to survive in my career - so Rosetta Stone is on hold for me right now!


6. Why did you start blogging?
Well, this blog was originally started for me to talk about my wedding plans. But, let's just face it, I was the worst wedding planner in the world. So I never had anything to blog about.

But, then I found it kind of a fun way to write about life in Arizona...so picked it back up about a year after it was created!

7. Do you use bar soap or liquid body wash?
Definitely liquid body wash.


8. Do you buy bottled water?
No. Only when we go camping or on a road trip of some sort. 

9. What did you think of the Super Bowl Half Time Show?
Okay, so I wrote a few days ago that I thought it was entertaining. I liked the dancing, and the funny light-up-costumes they wore etc. But as I heard people talking about certain events, I found myself saying "Hm...I don't remember that part" -- and now I realize that during the half time show..I only *half* watched it....

To be honest, I never expect to see a good half-time show at a sporting event. They're just lame. So if it's mildly entertaining and turns some heads -- I consider it "good"


10. How do you feel about Steve Carell leaving The Office?
What?!?! And I considered myself a fan of the office! I had no idea! That's ridiculous. Steve Carell kind of makes the office. So, I'm not okay with it. 

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Funny that neither of us is a fan of doughnuts. Now bagels are something I miss! Esp the asiago ones from Brueggers. Mmmmm...

Nice work on the joke!!
Marlys said…
I laughed out loud at your joke - bet your Dad is wondering what I'm doing at my desk! And I can't believe that you and Lisa don't like doughnuts! You must not have had any of your Grandma McDougall's homemade ones - then you'd love them for sure! And Grandma Veit's fried bread dough! I loved coming home from school on the days that Mom made them or Grandma was there visiting! Such "sweet" memories!
Mama Nastase said…
I, too, laughed out loud at your joke...then read it to Chris and he laughed out loud, too! Good job!

I used to be apathetic about donuts. Then, during my pregnancy with Jack, I started craving all kinds of sweet things and pastries that I had never craved before. Now, I cannot get enough of donuts! Weird, huh?

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...