Skip to main content

The day I almost pulled all my hair out of my head

Remember my birthday weekend (February 25-27), which could quite possibly go down as the worth bday weekend I've experienced yet!

Now, I will say my actually BIRTHDAY was excellent. Once I got home from work, slept for 2 hours, chugged a cup of coffee, and enjoyed my day (pretending not to be sleep deprived). It was a great day. But, the weekend was not so great. And here is why. And also...this is the reason why I HATE CARS.....

There we were Friday morning. Ryan had an off Friday (he gets every other Friday off)....I had to work that night, but we got the morning & afternoon to spend together! So we decided "let's work out together ,and then we'll spend the day relaxing" (since I had to work that night...I would normally HATE THIS b/c I cringe at the idea of *relaxing*.

So we worked out and home doing our crazy push-up/pull-up extravaganza. We then headed out the door to do a quick run around the neighborhood.

**When I run from our house, I normally lock the WHOLE house up, and then take my car key, lock my house keys in the car, and use my garage door opener to get into the house**

As we are leaving, Ryan asks, "Would you like me to hold the key?"

I said, "No, no...see? I have this special *key pocket* in my running shorts! Works GREAT"

(cheesey thumbs up guy)

We take off. We ran, we pleasantly chatted, we gauked @ dream houses, we sprinted really really fast....

We got .5 miles from our house, I reached down and said....

"uh oh....."

I couldn't feel my key ANYWHERE. I had to tell him.......

Abby: "Uhm, Ryan? I...er....Uhm.. Well, you see...."

**Ryan knows me tooooo well** Responding..

Ryan: "Abby. Where's the key."

Abby: "Well, it's temporarily uhm...MIA"

Ryan: "YOU LOST THE KEY?!?!?! How could you lose the key?"

Abby: "Well...I..errr... I didn't LOSE it! I just misplaced it. Temporarily! Here! Let's just quick backtrack 2 miles and find it! It's GOTTA be SOMEWHERE.

So we backtrack. We walk around. We run around. With our heads glued to the ground. Looking like the village idiots.

No luck.

We backtrack to the house - and discoverer.....we didn't lock the front door afterall! *hurrray*

We continue to look and backtrack.

No LUCK.

So I go into the house, dig up my spare key that I had made @ Walmart a few months back, and say "Let's throw in the towel PLEASE. I lost the key, I failed. Let's move on with life"

So Ryan suddenly decides, "I should really check out your car and see how it's running, see if the oil needs changed, etc. Since we're out here and I have the day off"

He puts the key in the car, and guess what?!?!

IT DOESN'T START! Well, it would start, and then turn off immediately.

So he starts investigating.

He discovers I am ALMOST out of oil. And my spark plugs are fried -- they look terrible.

So we worry I'm burned out of oil. Ryan replaces the oil. Changes the spark plugs.

Car still doesn't start.

Let me clarify that this took ALL DAY LONG. He was in our driveway working on the car until the sun went down that Friday.....

I headed into work that night, and luckily it was a weekend so I could take his car!

Stay tuned for PART II of the Day I almost lost my mind.......

(this story needs to broken up..it gets that bad)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Ufda, you know it's been a bad day when you have to break it up into multiple posts. :( Eeks. That really sucks about losing your keys. I am so paranoid about that, I run with them in my hand. If I were ever to lose my keys while I was on a run, I would be totally screwed because NO ONE has a spare to my apt. Not so bright, huh?

I am sorry the weekend was so horrible but I am glad you had a great day on your actual bday - although that really sucks that you only got 2 hours of sleep! I would have been a zombie!!
Marlys said…
And the saga continues! Stay tuned - it's worth your time!
Marlys said…
Waiting for the "rest of the story"!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...