Skip to main content

What I'm doing



Okay, so I stole this meme from Amber. I'm experiencing writers block right now. All I do is work, work out, garden, and sleep. Which results in nothing too interesting to write about.

Okay..so on to this meme!:

Outside my window …

It's sunny and "cool" - 63 degrees F. At 7 am. Since the past few weeks it's been in the upper 90's, I've already been desensitzed and am calling an 80 degree day a "nice, cooler day"
I am hearing …
Fox News rambling on in the background.
I am thinking …
About how much I miss my family. When I see pictures of my nephews, my heart melts. I miss my siblings, & my parents. End of story.
I am thankful …
For my husband who is my sanity; who brightens my day, leaves me love notes around the house, cooks me dinner when I don't get home from work until 8:30 pm, and who makes me laugh!

For my ever-present job security. A few months ago, I was fearful I would never get a job as a new-grad. Now, I get called-in almost every week to put in overtime. In addition to the security, I love my career. It gives me warm, fuzzy feelings in my stomach.
For our house with it's perfect location. It's lucious green grass in the back yard, and the radiant flowers I've spent hours working on!

I have a lot to be thankful for.

I am reading …
"My Perfect Wedding" - Sibel Hodge. It's a definite chic-lit book...but it makes me laugh. It's about a London woman who has moved cross-country with her husband-to-be to live in "live-off-the-lady" countryside of Turkey. In the process of her move...her wedding dress and all belongings get misplaced......

and...

"Stories from the other side of the Bed Pan" -- which is a book written by a nurse about hilarious encounters experienced in her career.
I am hoping and praying …
That everything works out for our trip home in June. I just want to get the vacation time with no hassle. And...We get to see as much family as possible!!
I am wearing …
An highlighter-pink underarmour tshirt and black running shorts. After this post, I'm strapping on my garmin & heading out for a run!
I am creating …
HaHaHa! Me?! Create? That's cute.

I don't have a creative bone in my body.

But I guess you could say I'm creating a flower garden. And creating starwberries, anaheim peppers, habenero peppers, tomatoes, red bell peppers, yellow squash, basil, & mint!

From the kitchen …
I am sitting at our island sipping coffe, and just finished a bowl of Quaker Oats with blackberries & bananas.

Around the house …
It is spotless. I cleaned from floor to ceiling. I even scurbbed the grout of our tiles. I also reorganized our drawers today. I literally can't sit still for more than 5 minutes. (I had the past 2 days off since I work the weekend....I don't do well with days off. I get seriously stir crazy)
Plans for the rest of the week …
Today I am going for a run, getting some errands taken care of, and then meeting my husband for a late afternoon/evening date @ a coffee shop.

(He's studying for this big miliatary test, and everything night lately consists of him coming home from work, and spending the evening buried in his books....we are really excited for this test to be behind him!!!)

Tomorrrow & Saturday I work from 7am - 8 pm..

Sunday we are going to mass, and then packing up our hiking gear and taking a trip up to the mountain for a day of hiking!

A Picture to share …
This was from the last hike we went on! It's this new trail we discovered that's seriously 15 minutes from our house. It has giant pools of water . This picture just don't do justice.

Comments

Jess said…
This is a fun meme!

I totally get what you mean about going stir crazy - I've been off work for about three weeks now and though most of me is loving that I don't have to go to work, there is a part of me that just doesn't know what to do with all this spare time!!
Amber said…
I would like to hire you to come clean my house. Scrubbing the grout? You are awesome!

Isn't it great living somewhere so near to gorgeous trails? Our new house is only 5 minutes from some gorgeous trails for hiking! I wish Eric didn't work 7 - 2 every Saturday and Sunday as it would be the perfect way to start off a weekend day!!! Oh well, maybe we'll have to get out there one afternoon :)
Lisa's Yarns said…
I have writers block, too. All I do is work, study, and sleep. Repeat. Add in some nausea and extreme exhaustion, and yah, I am a real joy to be around. So maybe it's good that you don't live close to me. Ha. ;)

That said, I do know that I have a lot to be thankful for and should be less of a Debbie Downer!! I hope your visit works out, too!!
qwerkyqook said…
Please come and clean my apt!! That's what cousins are for right?
Unknown said…
This was fun to read, Abby. I hope you keep posting pictures of your flowers!!! How cool to have those hiking trails so close.
Marlys said…
That was a great post - I almost missed it! I agree with Barb that you should repost pictures of your yard & garden! I love the positive side of this post! We do have so much to be thankful for!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...