Skip to main content

A few reasons I love fall....

Fall is my favorite season. Always has been...

Actually, since we've moved to the southwest ..... winter (being the months December- March) has become my favorite season. But our "winter" in Tucson is like the "fall" in the midwest. Cool, crispy, and gorgeous!

But I have to get excited. It's not supposed to hit 100 degrees at all this week! In fact, today is a nippy 87 degrees! Time to get out my underarmour!

So here are a few favorites about my favorite season............
  • Sweaters
  • Blue jeans
  • Football (not that I'm a big football fan...but I must say I enjoy the idea of it)
  • Back-to-School shopping (I don't partake in this either, obviously...but it brings back good memories of shopping with my Mom to picking out new notebooks, pencils, and gym shoes for the school year)
  • Squash
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Leaves changing (we won't see this until November-December...and cacti don't change color really :-))
  • Coffeemate releases the Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint coffee creamers. Holy yum. This causes me to brew a 1/2 pot at 4:00 pm (which I'm currently doing this Monday afternoon)
  • Apple cider (maybe with a little Hot Damn to give it a kick)
  • Oktoberfest
  • No more shorts and tank tops. Hurray!!
  • Cool temps in the morning, so I can say goodbye to that tredmill!
Yay fall!

Comments

Jess said…
I love fall too - the leaves changing colours and the sweaters have always been my favourite parts!
Marlys said…
I love fall, too! The air feels so different, but I dread what follows in the midwest! So far we are having an unusually warm fall which I am enjoying to the hilt!
Lisa's Yarns said…
I love fall, too. The sun feels different, which I love. And the air smells so good, I want to can it and store it and release it during the winter doldrums.

I don't like football either but I too like the IDEA of football.

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...