Skip to main content

Things we think & Do not say....

I'm doing it. You haven't heard from me in a while. It's been rather busy lately and when I'm not working, I'd much rather be outside playing, gardening, running, or in the kitchen cooking than anything else.

But it's time for a rant. But 1st I must state my *disclaimer*

*This is only humor. Please don't take this offensively and send me a personalized hate mail message or an angry annonymous comment saying I'm a cold, heartless, b*****. This is just a rant!*

-Really?!, lady in the grocery store parking lot who is trying to desperately to Puuuuuush & LOB that grocery cart up on the crub. This is painful. You are expending so much energy. With ALL that energy you are expending...you could easily just walk those lazy little legs over to the cart rack and put the damn thing away. Thank you.

-Hi new neighbor! Your chihuahua's constant barking needs to stop...or your dog is going to be fed chocolate by your new neighbor. Chihuahua's are meant to live in purses and Coach hand bags...not in back yards.

-Dear Patient's Son, I am your father's nurse. I am here to provide nursing care and be an advocate for your father. I am not here to be asked if I'm married. Even if I wasn't married...I would not be interested in meeting a member of the opposite sex. I don't work on a cardiac floor with primarily geriatric patients to meet men.

-There are 50 tredmills and cardio machines in the entire gym. 35 of which are empty. Why must you pick the machine RIGHT next to me. I'm isolated for a reason. Please don't join me.

-Dear New Moms, I do not log onto facebook to read about your newborns dirty diaper. Please refrain from sharing this information.

Well, Have a happy Tuesday, everyone! I can't believe it's already March. That means summer has arrived in Tucson!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I love your rant posts. :) I hear you on the facebook thing, especially. I don't want to read about blow outs, either. Also, I think in general you should just avoid talking about your child on facebook - especially if you are complaining because chances are, there is someone that you are friends with that may be struggling with infertility or something like that and maybe they'd LOVE to trade their restful nights of sleep for a new mom's sleepless nights... You know? I just think some of the stuff that goes on facebook should instead be texted or emailed to a family member or friend if you truly feel the need to vent/talk about it!!

Ok, I guess that was my rant for the month. ;)
Marlys said…
I, too, love your rants! It's good to just "dump" your feelings and get rid of them, right?
One of my practices for Lent is to learn patience as I really struggle with that, and it's always these little things that make one impatient, it seems!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...