Skip to main content

Last week's "Headliners"

I'm going to be honest and say I wasn't exactly a "ball of fire" last week. I've hit the point of just being beyond ready for Ryan to come home. We are halfway through this 4 week period of not seeing each other. Although throughout all this 18 months of training, we've gone much longer than 4 weeks without seeing each other - this time around it's harder. I've hit the crabby point.

I feel bad, as many of the people I saw this week probably thought I was a bore to be around - as I just don't have much to say about anything.

#wahwahwah #woeisme #Ireallyhavenothingcomplainabout

So as I'm preparing to start my work week, on this terribly windy Monday morning - I am going in with a new and positive attitude!

So here's the headliners for last week:
  • I think I am finally about "wrapped up" on my Spring cleaning. My "to do list" was rather overwhelming. There is nothing more therapeutic to me that throwing sh%t away!
  • I biked almost 100 miles this week! Every ride was either with the sunrise or sunset - which is so rewarding. Really starting to feel comfortable and "one with the bike".
  • My Saturday morning trail run was a major highlight of my week. The 1st 2 miles was straight up a mountain. It was a horrific challenge, but the view from the top made it all worth it. (Oh, and I also fell 3 times...)
  • I had a happy hour date with a girlfriend Friday night, which turned into 4 hours of us just catching up on life. It was relaxing and exactly what I needed.
  • Last night I went over to my in-laws' for dinner. My step-mother-in-law treated me to a bikram yoga class, which was really great. It was really nice to have dinner with family. Perfect end to a blah week.
What were your weeks headliners? I apologize for my negative attitude. I'm happy to greet a new week!


Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I am glad your time apart is coming to an end but I get home it's almost harder now that it's almost over because even a couple more weeks is too long to to without seeing your husband. I have gotten the same way with my Charlotte more. People are like 'oh that went fast' or make comments about how I made it to my year mark and that is a big accomplishment but I want to be HHHOOOOMMMEEE!

Last week was a complete blur for me. I am so tired today but am trying to push through. I think the exhaustion could be solved by getting some good news so pray that is the case this week!!
Marlys said…
I can understand why you feel "down in the dumps" and I am so glad that it will soon be over! It sounds like you had some fun in spite of everything! We are super excited to see you this weekend and wish we could stay longer, but you will be excited to get ready for Ryan's return and that is good!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...