Skip to main content

Currently April edition

Here are my current currently's!

Reading: I am currently reading "The Kitchen House", which I am having a very difficult time really enjoying. It's a good book, but it seems to be moving slow. Or I'm just moving slow. One of the two...
Thinking: About how amazing my coffee tastes on my 1st free morning in several weeks, where I don't have a workout or work to rush to. These quiet morning are so therapeutic!

Frustrated: With the cactus hair-like-thorn lodged in the bottom of my foot from yesterday. And no, it wasn't from my race! It was from cleaning the pool, while walking around our back yard barefoot yesterday afternoon.

(Here's your Cactus Thorn 101 for the non-desert dwellers: There are some large thorns that can easily be pulled out. Then there are this little hairs of thorn that hurt 10x worse. Usually a tweezers can't grab them. So if duct tape doesn't pull them out, the cactus thorn removal is self-limiting. You have to be patient and them them "work their way out".)

Feeling: Very happy. I really can find nothing in life to validly complain about. I love my job, I'm surrounded by amazing people, my marriage is in such a happy place, and the sun comes up a little earlier every morning! Hurray!

Anticipating: Our Scuba Certification dive that will be in a few weeks. And hopefully squeezing in a backpacking trip in May!

Eating: Today I will be eat a very non-traditional Easter meal. (we are just having another couple over for a pool day). Ryan is making carne asada on the grill. I'm making a jicama salad, guacamole, and lemonade pie. Oh, and deviled eggs - because they are Ryan's all time favorite snack.

Sad: That I'm not spending Easter with my family. I miss family so much!

Working: At a new job, and am so happy! It feels really different to me, because my position is completely new. So I am "building" my position. There are also times where I feel like I'm going back to school, because there is so much to learn working in such a sub-specialty area of medicine!! Loving feeling so challenged!

Grateful: For those rare days that Ryan and I get off together - and today is one of them! Fitting in his 4-5 flights/month, in addition to his work and travel schedule can be challenging. But we have really learned to appreciate every bit of time we get together. Which is always good in a relationship -- for I think we take for granted the availability of one's spouse/s.o. sometimes.

Listening: Serial. My sister has been recommending it to me for the longest time. Now that I have a commute to work, I've tuned it. This is addicting!!

Wishing: You all a Happy Easter, Passover, and a beautiful month of April! (And I pray my friends and family up North get some spring weather!

What are your currently's?

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Wow, that is crazy how much Ryan has to fly on top of working as many hours as he does/traveling... I don't know how he does it!

I actually heard that Kitchen House wasn't a great book so don't feel bad if you aren't getting into it! I vote for giving up because life is too short to read books that aren't great!

Enjoy your time with your friends today. The meal sounds awesome! Wish you guys were here but you would not be impressed with our weather as it's currently 28... I am soooo over this cold weather!!
Marlys said…
Thanks for wishing us warmer weather as this morning I heard that it may be in the 70's next week! I am ready!
Loved your post and your Easter meal sounds great! We had lemon sour cream pie and that was refreshing, too! I love me some lemon!
Your life sounds full and happy and that makes me happy!
Hope Ryan gets a break soon! UGH!
Amber said…
Aww I love your "feeling" post - I'm the exact same way. So happy and content with life and it doesn't hurt that my favourite seasons - spring and summer - are starting up!

Hope you guys had a great day off together! I admit with both of us being on Mon - Fri schedules we do take for granted a bit the time we have together BUT we are also both pretty busy with our own things (gym, hobby, friends) so I do really appreciate it when we squeeze in a walk with the dog together or go for a hike on the weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...