Skip to main content

Finally Friday!

Happy Friday!!! Finally!!! This week dragged for me. So much stuff to get done around the house. I feel like I need 12 hours to just "regroup".

The high of my week was I'm going to jump ahead and say that my high is going to be Friday night's date night! I have been in dire need of a date with Ryan, and Friday night after I get off work -- he is taking me out! :)

The low of my week was dealing with some "difficult" personalities. That's all I'm going to say. That can really put a "damper" on one's mood!

My favorite outfit was Wednesday's outfit. I get a deal of criticism from a coworker about my choice of attire. They choose to wear scrubs, and I choose to wear business attire. (other people throughout my hospital with my same role wear business attire, as well.)

 At my old job, I would wear pencil skirts about 3 days/week. They've sat in my closet since I started this new job out of feeling self conscious. But this week I remember something "Since when do I give a flip what people think about my clothes??!!" So I rocked my pencil skirt with prideful professionalism!!



For my workouts, I completed: Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 6 mile track workout (800 warm up, 2x400, 2x800, 2x1600, 2x800, 2x400, 800 cool down)
Wednesday - Weight lifting  (shoulders) + 20 min tabata/Plylometrics
Thursday - 8 mile HILLY run
planned (I'm writing this Thursday night)
Friday - Weight lifting (back & biceps)+ 30 min swim
Saturday - Long hike
Sunday - 6 mile run or 30 mile bike ride

The best money I spent was deposit on another scuba trip for Memorial Day weekend :)

My plans this weekend include: Friday night Ryan and I are trying out a restaurant called "Five Palms". Saturday we are going hiking, taking Miles to obedience school, doing some shopping, and going to a birthday party at a friend's house. Sunday we will go to church, go biking or running, and spend the day bbq'ing and cooking!

How was your week??

Comments

Marlys said…
You look awesome in that attire! It is so hard not to let what people say about us affect what we do so I'm glad you took your own advice and wore what you wanted!
Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!
Missing you!
Amber said…
You are totally rocking that pencil skirt! That really sucks someone was rude enough to make a comment about your attire.

Have a wonderful weekend and date night!
Lisa's Yarns said…
That sucks that your coworker makes comments about what you wear. It's none of her business! You look great in that pencil skirt. You are so tan, by the way!!

Enjoy your date night tonight. Phil and I are in need a real weekend date night as a lot of our weekends/nights lately have involved manual labor.. But hopefully we can fit one in Memorial Day weekend.

Back to unpacking for me... Have a great weekend! And that is exciting that you have another scuba trip planned!
deeps said…
enjoy your weekend..relax, regroup

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...