Skip to main content

Week Highlights

I'm stealing this idea from my sister, because I think it's a fun way to wrap up and reflect the week! And sometimes I'm not so creative about blogging ;)


The high of my week was attending a going away party to a friend of mine who is moving to Germany Monday. She will be dearly missed. But it was so much fun to celebrate new beginnings. And I got to reconnect with the nurses and doctors from my old job - and I have to say my heart is heavy! I miss them so much!

I've worked with this guys since I started my career in nursing, and they've all played integral parts in who I am - and have become great friends along the way.


The low of my week was paying all my bills from the multiple doctor's appointments I had 2 weeks ago! I had a massive sinus infection, so am very pleased I'm feeling better. But I really do not enjoy spending my hard-earned money on that.

The book I’m reading is ....... I really don't think I could even say I'm reading a book right now. How sad is that?! I have severely falling off the "reading wagon", and desperately need to get back on. All I read these days are journals from the "American Thoracic Society".

For my workouts, I completed: Monday I ran to a park 2 miles from my house, did sprints & push-ups on the soccer field (5 miles ran total). Tuesday I rested. Wednesday I lifted weights (back) and ran 4 miles. Thursday I did an 8 mile trail run. Friday I lifted shoulders. Saturday I plan to run 7 miles. Sunday I will lift weights and swim!

The best money I spent was my "Friday latte". My clinic is located in the School of Medicine @ the U of A. And on Friday's they host a Farmer's Market.  I splurged today and enjoyed a delicious latte from a local barista!

My plans this weekend include: Running with my girlfriends in the morning, taking puppy to obedience school, doing lots of baking for several parties, celebrating a girlfriend's 40th bday, attending a Mother's Day Brunch at another friend's house, and hopefully getting some relaxation by the pool!

This week flew!!! I cannot believe it's already the weekend. I am not complaining ;)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Sounds like you had a great week! I know that heavy feeling of missing coworkers from a previous job. It's bittersweet to move onto a new opportunity as the people you worked with before can be like a family. It's tough to stay in touch since everyone is so busy so it's nice to have events like the one you attended this week to bring everyone back together!

Sounds like you have a fun weekend on deck! Enjoy all of the baking!!
Marlys said…
Wow, that was a busy week but sounded like fun, too! I know you worked your tail off on Saturday baking and so happy it all turned out great! Leaving old friends is never easy so I'm happy you had a chance to reunite!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...