Skip to main content

A new Currently...

Reading: I am actually in between books. I'm kind of tired of reading pregnancy books. I read 2 pregnancy books, 1 about "the 1st year", and one about breastfeeding. That's enough.

 I have 2 weeks left of my Capstone, then I begin my practicum and I think at that point, my paper writing requirements goes down pretty significantly. I'd like to treat myself to a fun read. Lisa, I'm looking at you for suggestions ;) haha! 

Thinking: About getting through my last months of school. I am so excited to be done. 


Feeling: Relieved. I am about 3 weeks into my new job as a quality nurse in transplant, and I am so incredibly happy. I actually get excited to work. I didn't realize how stressed out and unhappy I was in my previous role. I think I was making excuses for myself stating "this is good for my career", "this is good for growth", "look at all the visibility and experience I'm gaining". But it was toxic, nothing was good enough, and I was thrown under the bus regularly. 

It feels so refreshing to be in an environment where I feel supported and people are happy. My current boss is so supportive of me getting through grad school. I told her I would start working weekends, since I have to do 8-10 hours per week with my preceptor, and she said "This all supports the transplant department, just make sure you're not falling behind, but don't stress yourself out!" 

Anticipating: The unfolding of all the real estate deals we have recently closed on. We have been busy marketing the listings for rent, cleaning the houses and getting them ready, and soon we should be getting tenants placed. Luckily, since we are going in with a partner on these houses - we don't have to do the background checks/tenant screening since he handles all the property management! 


Working: On getting our garden ready for the next season. It is still so dang out outside. Still in the 100-105 degree range daily. So we get a few hours in the early mornings to clean out the beds, turn over the soil, and now we can finally start planting out the next crop!


Grateful: That my pregnancy nausea has finally gone away!

Listening: A lot of classical music. I'm really hoping our child loves the orchestra as much as her mama does. So Tchaikovsky, Mozart, and Schumann are played near my belly often these days while I'm working ;) 


Wishing: For cooler temps. That's all. I'm glad it at least is in the 70's in the early morning, but that's still warm for this time of year. I'm so tired of seeing 100 degrees day after day in the forecast. 

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I'm so glad your nausea has passed! Thanks goodness! That was a tough stretch of being so sick. Glad it is behind you and it's good to know it can get better if you decide to have another child!

You guys have been busy between grad school, work changes, preparing for baby and buying investment properties! Helps that you have a partner w/ these more recent purchases and that he handles the property management side!

I will definitely have tons of reading recommendations for you when you are ready for something enjoyable! I only read 3 pregnancy books, I think. Expecting Better, The Science of Mom and then a book on child birth that Amber sent to me that she enjoyed. Then I read Cribsheet but paul might have been over 6 months at that point? That is definitely a good one to read. I just love Dr. Oster.

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...