Skip to main content

Pumpkin Spice Latte

It's that time of the year again.....


I haven't had one yet from Starbucks this year. In fact, I've boycotted Starbucks for quite a few months. I've boycotted all coffee shops since I finished school. Because, sometimes I feel like I'm drinking this:


It's been cooling off during the nights & mornings here lately, and last weekend left us craving some fall "treats".

So I purchased a few cans of pumpkin at the grocery store - and decided to incorporate a little Beta Carotene into our diets! :)

Ryan and I got up Saturday morning and headed outdoors for a run. Ryan accompanied me for 5 miles of my 9 miler - which was a pleasant and enjoyable surprise! I haven't ran with another person in about a year!! So this was great!

After our run I made Ryan some egg-o-licious breakfast burritos. And I made me some Pumpkin Oatmeal -- kind of made this on a whim. Here's the creation I highly recommend!

-1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
-1 cup water
-3-4 spoonfuls of pumpkin
-Splenda & Pumpkin Seasoning sprinkled to your delight
-1 banana, sliced up

*Just make the oatmeal according to the package directions on the stove. Add your pumpkin, seasoning, and banana before serving. Mm Mm Mm!

And now for the highlight of this post!

My Pumpkin Spice Latte (this made a little over 2 servings worth)

-2 cups skim milk
-3 Tbsp pumpkin (from the can or puree)
-2 Tbsp sugar (or Splenda, like I did)
-2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract (Yes, I know. This seems like a lot - but it's correct!)
-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1-2 shots espresso OR 1/2 cup STONG brewed coffee (I just doubled the amount of coffee beans)

* In saucepan - combine milk, pumpkin, & sugar. Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until steaming.
*Remove from heat once streaming, stir in vanilla & pumpkin spice
*Transfer to blender (or use frother if you have one) and process for about 20 seconds until foamy.
*Pour into large mugs, add your coffee/espresso.
*You can top this with whipped cream, if desired and sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice for good looks! ;)

While drinking this, you may want to stir it every once in awhile.

These warmed my soul!

Comments

Unknown said…
I've never been one for flavored coffee, but this sounds very interesting. I would have to use soy milk instead, perhaps vanilla soy milk?
Lisa's Yarns said…
Oh yum! I am a sucker for a Pumpkin Spice Latte! I need to make this beause they are SO pricey!!

We def need to run together T-giving weekend! It can be a 'slow' run for you. :)
Amber said…
YUM! That sounds great! I will have to try making it at home because it is much too expensive to buy them at Starbucks all the time!

I adore pumpkin oatmeal :)
qwerkyqook said…
YUM!! Thanks Abby! Weekend excitement is in store for me...as soon as I dust off my blender!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...