Here we go again! Another post filled with information about myself--that may bore you? However, I am lacking creativity to write--and these are fun!
1. What are you going to be for Halloween?
I, like my sister Lisa ( ), not big on the Halloween costume thing. Oh man--I could write a whole blog about Halloween costumes.
2. Have you ever been on television?
Yes. Senior year in high school. I was on this Academic team and we had a "face-off" with another school. It's really embarrassing.
3. Do you have a toilet paper preference?
I don't. Which is interesting. Because I am really anal-retentive, so one would think I care about this. However, I really don't.
My husband does, though--and the toilet paper must come OVER. So sometimes I mess with him and switch it--and he changes it back. It's a war in our house.
4. When you’re pregnant, will you find out the sex of the baby? (Or if you’ve already had babies, did you find out the sex?) Why or why not?
Nope! It must be a family thing. No one in my family found out. Growing up, I thought everyone did it that way! After my L & D rotation, I found that almost ALL the family's found out and was very surprised!
5. What are three items that every kitchen must have?
A Good knife, a cutting board, a wooden spoon
6. Do you enjoy Christmas shopping?
Hm...tough question. I used to. Then I moved to the Southwest. I am not going to elaborate--for I would probably come across very racist. I think you get the gist about the large population of illegal aliens--who still crowd and over-populate the malls/stores with their loud, non-English ranting and 700 screaming children.
Wow! So much for not elaborating, huh??
But really. I love love love Christmas. If I have Ryan with me to keep me calm and happy--I have a really good time picking out gifts for those whom I love!
7. What is your go-to recipe? (The thing you cook more than anything else because it’s easy and mindless.) Please share the recipe.
I don't know the exact measurements--b/c this is definitely one of those things where I just throw things in the pot eying it? But here is my quasi-recipe.
-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
-Red bell pepper
-A few slices of jalepeno
-1/2 habenero pepper
-a little cayenne
-Sea salt to taste
1) Marinate chicken breast in vinegar, a little salsa (type of your choice), cayenne, and cumin for as many hours as you want! (I often do it overnight for best results)
2) Cook the chicken breast slowly on the stove, pull it off and shred it.
3) While chicken is cooking - pour all other ingredients (veggies chopped up, of course) into a crock pot
4) Add shredded chicken to crock pot.
5) Simmer on low for as many hours as desired.
6) Serve with tortillas!
8. Do you sleep on your back, belly, or side?
I sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees to prevent lower back pain. I do not suffer from chronic back pain--I am just paranoid I will some day.
9. How do you feel about Tom Cruise?
I like to pretend that he is still in his Top Gun days, or even his Jerry McGuire days.
He now has some interesting psych issues going on. I'm not impressed.
10. What books are in your “books to read” stack?
Currently: "Nursing Care of Infants and Children"
My desire: I just want to read for pleasure again. I really enjoy it. When I get to read for pleasure, I will consult my sister for recommendations :)
Have a great Thursday, everyone! I am looking forward to the day. Going on a run in the nice cool temps, I then have a 3 hour lab, and after my lab I am picking Ryan up for he comes home from Las Vegas today!