However, things are finally coming to terms and I hit the ground running tomorrow! I have never been so excited to save lives! I miss the ER. This may sound very weird, but every time I hear ambulance sirens...my heart would sink.
"I want to help!!! *tear*", I would say.
It's amazing what a 3 week hiatus from working will do to this girl. Let me tell you, I am not feeling rejuvenated . I used to think I wanted to live in the 1940's -- where women were trophy wives, homemakers, and wore adorable house dresses. I take than statement back!
So to adorn this post with a little positivity, here are a few of the things that bring utter joy and happiness to my soul, in regards to summer. Summer ties with Fall as my favorite season. I like them both equally but for completely different reasons.
- Swimming in the lake. I could stay in the water from sunrise to sundown. I didn't care how pruney my hands became or how blue my lips would get. (We lived in MN, and it was rare that the water was warm)
- Swimming as an adult -- I miss our pool in AZ (and everything else about our house). Afternoons of sunshine, books, good music, friends, margaritas, and guacamole bring me great happiness.
- Natural highlights -- every summer my hair gets blonde highlights from the sun. For the past few years I'ved dyed it, but this year I'm letting it go natural.
- The smell of sunscreen. *ah, the nostalgia*
- Cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. Growing up, the centerpiece of our meals would be a huge plate of fresh produce from my Mom's garden. You can't say you don't like cucumbers & tomatoes until you've tried them fresh from a garden!
- Banana popsicles. My favorite variety of popsicle - and it's funny I like these so, because I hate bananas.
- Flip flops. Although I do wear these year-round in Tucson....
- The Aroma of fresh-cut grass. I don't get this treat very much in AZ. But living in San Antonio I do, and it's heavenly. (however, it does make me sneeze like non-other)
- Evening walks. Because the sun stays out later....I relish in the late evening walks to unwind.
- Gin and Tonics with lime. Nothing cools you off like the refreshing bite of a G & T, I must admit.
This quote is rather fitting.