Here we go again!
I'm done with my semester! I just have to write a reference page on a paper today--and will officially be finished!! Oh, I don't get my grades until December 27.....because our instructor is extraordinarily lazy. Don't get me started on this one.....Alright! Ten on Tuesday! Here we go! :)
1) If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
I would probably change my face. Ha! Is that legal? Not like a face lift, or nose job, or some plasticky thing. Just...a different face.
2) Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?
Coughing lightly. Stupid wimpy little coughs. JUST CLEAR YOUR DAMN THROAT ALREADY!
Slurping. Like hot drinks? Soup? Ahhh......
Smoking. That's beyond annoying.
3) What is your favorite recipe using ground beef?
Taco soup. It's a mix of ground beef, chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, corn, and black beans...which lots of chili peppers and onions. I like it as an alternative to regular chili.
4) What was your favorite book as a kid?
BFG - The Big Friendly Giant. It took me 2 tries. My mom tried reading it to me when I was in like 1st grade and had nightmares for a month. There's nothing scary about this book. It's about a nice giant befriending a child....
Here's my reasoning:
-I was a cynic at a very young age. Kindergarten, actually. I must have thought to myself, "Sick. A creepy old man with Acromegaly (giantism) living in this kids closet. Great job, Roald Dahl. Teach us kids about creepy child molesters living in our closets. Real cute!"
But a year later, I read it again liked it? I finally must've decided, this may be an interesting book.
5) Did you work as a teenager. If so, where?
I did some babysitting. I mowed a ton. I was like Miss Mower. I taught trombone lessons to our school secretary's little kid. This was nearly equivilant to teaching the school superintendent's kid. Our secretary had a nice, close, "in" with our school's administration...if you know what I mean. (This was my theory. I'm a little off sometimes though)
Anyways. Her children were "Teacher's Kids". So of COURSE, they were angels.
This is not true. He was the farest thing from an angel. He was an 11-year-old devil child. He called me names. Emptied his spit valve in my trombone case. Called me fat. Hit me with the slide of his trombone.
I think this made me realize I didn't want to be a music teacher anymore.......I didn't have patience.
6) Did you work in college? If so, where?
Ready for the list? Ready? Here we go!: (No, I didn't get fired. Just indecisive. Didn't like some of the jobs I ran into. I'm good at quitting!)
1) Hostess at The Graystone Bar and Grill, Ottertail MN- 1.5 weeks
2) Waitress/Bartender at The Old Brick Inn, Battle Lake MN - 3 months
3) Waitress at Coach's - Bloomington, MN - 2 weeks
4) "fashion expert" (that was my title! Ha! I know nothing about fashion) Express - Maple Grove, MN - 2.5 months
5) Front Desk - Anytime Fitness, Grand Forks, ND - 2 days (the boss was getting fresh)
6) Hotel Maid - AmericInn, Grand Forks, ND - 2 weeks
7) Certified Nurses Assistant - Valley Memorial Nursing Home - 5 months (longest job ever!!)
8) Rehabiliation Tech/CNA - Devon Gables Health Care Center, Tucson, AZ - 4 months (this is named the worst nursing facility in AZ)
9) Teller - Well's Fargo Bank - Tucson, AZ - 5 months
7) When you go to sleep do you need total darkness or semi? When you go to sleep do you need total quiet or is some noise okay?
I prefer total darkness. But to be honest, I can sleep through pretty much anything. I also like to have a little white noise while I'm sleeping. A fan is preferable. No music or voices though.
8) When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?
Fabric softener is a must!!
9) Open toed or close-toed shoes?
Clost toed. My feet are scary.
10) Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Deaf. I can't imagine not being able to not see the world. I had a teacher this semester who was hearing impaired. She was absolutely incredible. She lip-read, and could even tell when people had accents! She was also probably the best teacher I have ever had.
11) Dangle or stud earing?
Studs. Unless I'm really dressed up for something. I'm bad about earings. My husband has to ask me if I will put earings in when we go out. Yep.
12) Bottled water or tap?
I prefer tap actually. Gotta get your floride! All I ask is that there's a lot of ice in it!!
13) What do you put on your pancakes?
I don't put on my pancakes. I hate pancakes. Yuck. But if I'm company in someone's house, and am gagging them down in politeness (my mom taught me well....) I don't put anything on them. I try to eat them fast and quick to get it over with....
14) On a long trip would you drive or fly?
Fly. I really don't enjoy driving. The only trip that I didn't almost jump out of the moving car in a state of insanity was our move down to Tucson. 3 days straight. In a U-Haul. Just me and Ryan. I actually had fun. I think this was due to the excitment of "moving to an unknown place".
15) Do you prefer classic old movies or new?
Classic old! I agree with my sister, Lisa -- they had less to work with in terms of effects and lighting! I have a tough time getting into old movies though. Since my generation has been trained to think fast! Thanks a lot, media.
I think older movies have so much more meaning and a great "take-home message".