...(not decorating, as we learned from my birthday cake post)..Haha!
Not having to study...I have been enjoying my life a little. And here are a few of the things I've been brewing up (and a few recipes attached)....
Sunday I made a pot roast with homemade Herb-crusted bread. The roast slow cooked all day with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. The bread was a basic white yeast bread with thyme, rosemary, and oregano in it.
Yesterday, I baked cookies for my husband. Which I haven't done in awhile. Just your good ole, hearty, Betty-Crocker-cookbook style.
Today I did some backing in prep for the weekend and here are the recipes I will share.
- 1 cup rhubarb (frozen or fresh), chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Fat Free Sour Cream (okay, it doens't HAVE to be fat free..but you know how I am..)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- some lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I also made a Lemonade Pie to serve with our dinner on Saturday night. Here is the recipe! It's a great summer dessert.
- 1 can Lemonade concentrate
- 1 can Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 1 9 inch graham-cracker crust
- 1 lemon