Because I like lists.
2017 - bring it on.
This is my list, in no particular order of importance - just things I'd like to check off the list when we ring in 2018 next year...
It makes me fill better if I was unable to check something off the list. In opposed to "I didn't reach my goal." or "I failed miserably at the resolutions this year"
- Get my recipes organized
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon during my 2.24.17 marathon -- (goal time is 3:25)
- Run a half marathon in 1:35
- Run 2017 miles
- Don't miss mass.
- Become a subject matter expert in at least 2 quality areas (boring work stuff) ;)
- By the end of the year, be submitting application to become a coach at work (which is my companies term for a "manager")
- Visit NYC
- Touch the Statue of Liberty (do they let you do that?)
- Run in Central Park
- Eat a hot dog from a New York City hot dog stand. (I don't even like hot dogs...but it's necessary)
- Keep our Run Club students engaged in running through the summer (which will require some volunteer hours)
- Watch my sister walk down the aisle
- Be better about calling my family, nieces, nephews on birthdays.
- Scuba Dive in Himalaya Bay, Mexico
- Make kimchi
- Make crème brulee (my favorite dessert)
- Climb to the top of Mica Mountain (incorporated into a local backpacking trip)
- Go to Europe (gosh, I hope we can pull this one off between how much Ryan will be traveling all over for work)
- Rediscover my love for music. Church choir? Find a piano on craigs list?
- Plant a fruit tree (probably lemon and lime)
- Eat a Sonoran Dog ( I have put this off for the 8 years I've lived here. I've just gotta "swallow the frog" er Sonoran Dog.)
- Have a successful tomato plant (easier said than done in the desert)
- Try making dry-cured olives from our tree.
- Spend the 4th of July with my family.
- Try snow skiing (After my marathon. Lol)
- Read at least 1 book every 2 months.
- Master making Chicken Vindaloo
And that wraps it up! 2017 - bring it on! I better go get busy. I've got recipes to master, books to read, family to call, and miles to run! ;)
What is on your bucket list for 2017?