Here is my Ten on Tuesday. Yet another list of random questions. They are fun for me to do -- don't feel obliged to read!
1. What are some of your family traditions?
Dotzenrod family - I must agree with my sister -- Christmas Eve is so full of amazingness in my family! Oyster stew (even though I don't eat it), tons of crab/shrimp/seafood, sardines (probably my favorite), lots of family, and just an all around amazing time! Words cannot explain how happy I am to be able to get Christmas with my family this year!
My new family (with Ryan) tradition -- Valentines Day. We celebrate it a day early! It's b/c we are just so excited to celebrate our love.
Okay, so really it began 2 years ago when we both had a test that week and needed to be spending V-Day buried at the library. So we had our day of love on the 13th. It was great! Restaurants aren't packed, and it's just ... different! :)
2. Do you know how to change a flat tire?
Why, yes I do! I cry, get on my phone and call Ryan, cry some more in dramatic burst of tears, and then call AAA if the husband is unable to assist.
Then I get lectured by the husband on how to change a tire. I assure understanding. And then forget within a week.
Yeah, I don't know how.
3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites?
Women's Health & Fitness -- I subscribe to them and they're always my favorites (along with Runner's world).
I have to laugh at my love for mag's, however. They're all kind of the same: "How to get a great butt!, How to lose ten pounds in 3 weeks! How to go organic on a budget! 10 great moves for great abs" But I still enjoy.
4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? (If you don’t share the love of office supplies with me or if you are male, you may skip this question.)
1. My Triple-hole punch. (normally, when I talk about this -- I use a nice lisp to exaggerate my nerdy love for this little tool)
2. My white board calendar. I have 2 white boards on our fridge. One is a calendar of a monthly overview, the other is a plain white board that breaks down each daily schedule for Ryan & I. I love it. Can't live without it.
3. The little post-it tabs that mark pages!
5. Are you a good public speaker?
I used to be! I was a huge speech geek in high school. It was seriously my favorite activity from high school, and I got so much out of it. Now it's been so long since I have done public speaking, and it makes me sad. I truly believe that "If you don't use it, You lose it!"
6. How do you feel about acronyms?
Depends on my state of knowledge. When I know acronyms -- I love jargon. However, I think it goes too far. If you have a sentence that the only real words are conjunctions -- you have a problem.
7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? (Bloggers, feel free to include pictures!)
Hahaha -- I am not a creative person.
Wrote a song on the trombone? That's about the extent.
8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than…
-Eat a "Sonora Dog".
Have you heard of these? I hadn't until I moved to Tucson. A description to familiarize you:
-A hot dog/beef dog/cat dog (whatever), wrapped in fried bacon, and then further dipped in butter/lard/and fat garnished with taco-toppings.
.........pause, as Abby runs to the nearest trashcan and vomits in disgust.......
-Do the people serving these at their cheapo stands on the street even wash their hands? Keep the "meat" sanitary? Clean the grills??
Ew! Why don't you just manually clog my arteries and give me a Myocardial Infarction.
9. What company has the best advertising?
Starbucks impresses me.
Any pharmaceutical company too. They actually make society self-diagnose themselves with illnesses/ailments.
10. When is your birthday?