Here's what I've been up to!
- I have a race on my horizon, at last! I've decided to do the Tempe AZ Lifetime Olympic Triathlon in September. I have 4 other friends that are doing it as well, so it will be a good excuse for a "girls weekend".
- I'm not following a specific training plan. I still like to try lifting weights at least 2 times/week. I've found from triathlons in the past (for me), it is most important to make running a priority. In a triathlon, you're running when you're the most tired.
- For those of you not aware, an Olympic tri is a 0.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and a 6.2 mile run!
- I've been terrible about swimming this time around. I'm so scared of getting an ear infection, and I seem to have a hard time getting my butt in that pool!
- About our upcoming Hawaii vacation! We have been planning this for about 1 year, so I am so excited it's almost here!
- On the agenda so far we have: 2 day backpacking trip through the Napali coast in Kauai, scuba diving with sea turtles in Kauai, a few days in Oahu, more hiking, possibly more scuba diving, and mai tais.
- I've been on a major thai-cooking kick lately. I did a shrimp red curry a few weeks ago, and a chick curry last week. I think I could eat curry every day of the week...
- Lots of high protein food. I recently joined "team eggs", and started to eat more protein-filled meals, and less "cereal meals". This morning I made "Blueberry Protein Pancakes". They were fun!
- Going to make rhubarb crisp today. That is not a high-protein, low sugar recipe. But that's okay, I like to keep things real. When I was purchasing the rhubarb at the store, the cashier had NO IDEA what "this object" was. He said, "This is a rutabaga, right?". Almost, buddy. Oh, Arizona. But in their defense, before moving here, I wouldn't have been able to recognize a prickly pear. We're even.
Poor Miles lost his "man hood" Friday morning. He has been slightly pathetic to watch mope around the house all weekend, and bump into walls with his cone. Poor baby.
Saturday night we did a double date. We went to Grimaldi's Pizza, and then to a comedy club. I have made my decision that Grimaldi's has the best pizza in Tucson...
We had a blast at the comedy show. This is my friend Anna and I who worked together several years ago. We have stayed close despite both of us changing jobs! Sometimes I feel like we were raised in the same family, as our stories are very similar! :) And both our husbands are math nerds, so our date nights are always a success!