Often, this ingredient is looked down upon. People smell it, and say"ick!"
Not I. I feel such an inexpensive staple is underestimated.....
Here are some of the things I use Vinegar in my daily life!:
- I always soak my meat in a variation of Vinegar & Herbs to make it it's tenderest. Balsalmic? Red wine? Rice? Apple Cider Even plain ole' White Vinegar.
- It is the best topping to a delicious & nutritious salad! Can't do just plain white? Try Red-Wine vinegar. Still too strong for your tastes? Dilute a dressing such as "French/Catalina" with some vinegar!
- Mix some Balsamic with your asparagus and throw it on the grill!!
- Every month, I run an empty load in my washer on the HOTTEST temp, and a few tbsp's of White Vinegar & some bleach! It keeps my clothes smelling fresh--especially the towels!
- Cleaning Ryan's black, dirty, military boots! I take a little vinegar on a rag and use it to buff up and remove stains!
- It removes mustard stains! Since I eat mustard with almost every meal - stains occur. Vinegar breaks them down!
- After my garbage disposal nightmare with the lime/lemon rinds. I researched new methods of freshening up your sink. Pouring some vinegar and just a small amount of baking soda down with hot water for about a minute freshens it right up!
- Removes all charred/greasiness from microwaves, stove tops, or oven doors!! Soak these items for a minute, and clean away!!
- Scorched pots/pans! After washing as much out possible with soap/H2O -- Pour white vinegar in the pan, and let soak for a few hours. It should come right out!
- Wine glasses getting water stops/cloudy? Rinse out with some vinegar!
- Run 1/2 cup of vinegar with water through your coffee pot, to clean the inner workings!
- The use of vinegar dates back to the Egyptian era of 3000 B.C.
- Don't use this magical ingredient to clean you pearls! They will melt away in vinegar!
- There is a National Vinegar Museum in South Dakota(?!) (I don't think I'd visit a museum)
- Jesus was offered vinegar before he was crucified.
- Caesar's army drank vinegar as a beverage. (What men!)
- It was used during the Bubonic Plague to prevent skin from germs!
And the best thing of all?? -- It used in pickling!!! :)