a) I never keep my resolutions (it's sad, but true)
b) I can't even come up with goals, because I don't know what I want. (again, probably kind of pathetic)
But there are a few things, I can tell you what I want to get out of this year! I always love a new year, and the promises it holds. So far, 1 week down: it's been good to me!
- I am completing a miniature "resolution/goal every week". Because I do better with baby steps. I write down a bunch of these and put them in a jar, and every week I take a new one out! "Abby the Realist" assumes this will last until March. But we shall see! ;)
- Be more connected to the loved ones in my life. Sometimes I have a tendency to distance myself. I am going to be better about keeping in touch with my family and friends I don't see often - and not via social media!
- I am looking forward to completing one of the "Top 10 Most Dangerous Hikes in America". In August, Ryan and I will be hiking the Kalalua Trail in Kauai! It's taking a great deal of planning and training, which makes it all the more exciting.
- Taking a girls trip with my Mom, sisters, and sister-in-laws! We are going to try to do this every 2 years. I so value my time with these women!!
- Finding peace in my career. The healthcare world if ever-changing, and my hospital is about to go through some big changes. My goal is to try my very hardest to be adaptable and positive. Although it's really hard when people all around you are throwing tomatoes in every direction. ;) I love my hospital, and love what I do - so am trying to focus on what makes me happy.
- Becoming a better cook. I'd like to try to "tackle" an intimidating recipe every month. I think I'm going to shoot for one this weekend, in fact! (......stay tuned).
- Having my husband live under the same roof as me all year long! That's a 1st for a few years.