- I like mornings. I enjoy being up before the sun - there is something exciting about it in feeling like I'm getting "bonus hours"
- I don't like staying out past 10 ... because I'll be waking up before the sunrise.
- I don't ask my parents for money.
- Budgeting is fun! It's like a challenge every month to see how "below" the cap we can get on various categories.
- I don't like going to bars, because the music is too loud, and then I can't hear what anyone is saying - so end up just smiling and nodding my head the entire evening - and then people think I'm incompetent.
I was literally the receiving end of comments like this on my birthday: "Oh God, my son could be your father!" or "Oh my....you're a child!" Being called a child is not the most uplifting words to hear in your professional career. But, I've been the receiving end of it in the past, and I've learned to just rise above it and prove them wrong!
On the flip side of my dread....I had the most uplifting, joy-filled day. I had a hard time getting anything accomplished that day due to all the visits from various friends who were delivering hugs, kind words, flowers, bottles of wine, gifts, phone calls, texts......it was kind of humbling. I am so incredibly blessed to have so many loving & supportive people in my life!
I will say it was quite a simple evenings, which was exactly what I wanted. I came home, had a glass of wine, some