Skip to main content

Escaping Reality

Tomorrow we are headed for our first camping trip together! This shall be the first of many. We've been looking forward to this for a long time! Well, a few months. But that's a long time in our life -- which how crazy things have been!

We hit the road tomorrow, are stopping at a hotel 3/4 of the way. Then Friday morning we will be heading to our campsite to get our lines in the water, tent set up ASAP!

This will be a short little vacation (just Thursday-Sunday). But it will be well worth it.

Here is a photo I found online of the area we will be. It's called the White Mountains! More details to come in my "recap post" after this fantastic weekend!

Ahh..just looking at it calms my soul!

Tomorrow, I take my final test in Critical Care. Talk about a fast 8 weeks. Seems like I was just stressing out about this class....

Hopefully my next 8 weeks can go this fast! It will be busy. I will have my practium clinicals, Capstone project, and a Nursing leadership class. I also have a week of NCLEX (state boards) review! Ahhh! Scary!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Have a fantastic get-away! Can't wait to read all about it.

And yah, seems like you were just starting critical care! Holy smokes. The next 8 weeks will be a whirlwind but boy it will feel good when you are done - and when the NCLEX are behind you. I know you will rock them, though!!
Unknown said…
It looks beautiful, Abby! Good luck with your test and enjoy the calm before the storm!!!
Marlys said…
Ditto on the well wishes! I hope it's as beautiful as it looks! I know you will have a great time! Take lots of pictures!
Kelly said…
Wow that picture is gorgeous! I can't wait to see yours after you go. I am really not a big fan of camping, but I love going to beautiful areas and staying in a hotel haha. I want to be more of a rough it person, but I'm just not. Oh well :)

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...