Friday, January 6, 2017

2017 Bucket List

Resolutions?

Goals?

Bucket List.

Because I like lists.

2017 - bring it on.

This is my list, in no particular order of importance - just things I'd like to check off the list when we ring in 2018 next year...

It makes me fill better if I was unable to check something off the list. In opposed to "I didn't reach my goal." or "I failed miserably at the resolutions this year"
  • Get my recipes organized
  • Qualify for the Boston Marathon during my 2.24.17 marathon -- (goal time is 3:25)
  • Run a half marathon in 1:35
  • Run 2017 miles
  • Don't miss mass.
  • Become a subject matter expert in at least 2 quality areas (boring work stuff) ;)
  • By the end of the year, be submitting application to become a coach at work (which is my companies term for a "manager")
  • Visit NYC
  • Touch the Statue of Liberty (do they let you do that?)
  • Run in Central Park
  • Eat a hot dog from a New York City hot dog stand. (I don't even like hot dogs...but it's necessary)
  • Keep our Run Club students engaged in running through the summer (which will require some volunteer hours)
  • Watch my sister walk down the aisle
  • Be better about calling my family, nieces, nephews on birthdays.
  • Scuba Dive in Himalaya Bay, Mexico
  • Make kimchi
  • Make crème brulee (my favorite dessert)
  • Climb to the top of Mica Mountain (incorporated into a local backpacking trip)
  • Go to Europe (gosh, I hope we can pull this one off between how much Ryan will be traveling all over for work)
  • Rediscover my love for music. Church choir? Find a piano on craigs list?
  • Plant a fruit tree (probably lemon and lime)
  • Eat a Sonoran Dog ( I have put this off for the 8 years I've lived here. I've just gotta "swallow the frog" er Sonoran Dog.)
  • Have a successful tomato plant (easier said than done in the desert)
  • Try making dry-cured olives from our tree.
  • Spend the 4th of July with my family.
  • Wakeboard.
  • Try snow skiing (After my marathon. Lol)
  • Read at least 1 book every 2 months.
  • Master making Chicken Vindaloo
And that wraps it up! 2017 - bring it on! I better go get busy. I've got recipes to master, books to read, family to call, and miles to run! ;)

What is on your bucket list for 2017?

3 comments:

Marlys Dotzenrod said...

Whoa, that is a big list! You best get going! I love it, though and it will be fun to see how many you accomplished! Have fun doing those things, and good luck on qualifying for the Boston! 3.5 hours? Wow!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is a fun list of things to achieve! I love lists, too, so totally get the satisfaction of crossing things off. I'm glad I got to make your list! :)

I"ve been to NYC multiple times and have yet to see the statue of liberty up close! I have only seen it from afar.

Amber said...

That is an awesome list! You are going to have a such a great year!! I am looking forward to "meeting" you at Lisa's wedding in May. I of course put it in quotations because I already feel like I've known you forever!!