Skip to main content

My goal for the week

Okay, so I was ever-so-consistently updating this blog and giving the play-by-play on our wedding weekend. That can be attributed to the fact that I had a week off from nursing school.

My next rotation began: Labor/Deliver and Nursing Research. ....and goodbye blogging! I really have things to write about, but feel as though I can't talk about anything until I give the grand finale of "The Wedding Day".

THEREFORE.....

By the end of this week, my goal is to recap the wedding day before it is all forgotten and I have become an old maid.

Once this is completed, I will probably rant and write often. So be prepared. Just have to get over "the hump".

I just have to:
1) conduct a research article on the cause of preterm babies (i'm going to come up with the answer--I am determined....) -I wish!!-
2)Compiling a 25 page full assessment on a pregnant woman I have been stalking for a project
3) Study for/complete my second exam of the semester.
4) Continue being a sweet, loving, devoted wife. And make sure a heart-warming, healthy meal is on the table for all meals for my stressed out/busy husband :)
5) Do my last minute training for a 10 mile race I signed up for this week. The race is in 2 weeks. Eek! I can do it!

So...you will all be hearing about the wedding day in one week....Stay tuned!

Comments

Ashley Gerner said…
I look forward to you answering the "what causes a preterm baby" question...it will make my life and work much easier if i could answer that quesiton!!! :)

Good luck on all the papers, tests, etc!

Ashley
Lisa's Yarns said…
I think L&D would be the most interesting rotation. I think the older you get as a woman, the more intriguing the whole labor & delivery process is. And the most scary it is because the older you get, the higher the risk of having something go wrong. :(

Good luck getting everything done!
Mama Nastase said…
Oh Abby, I so relate to wanting to write but having a million other things to complete first. (In my case, nothing as exciting as college papers, unfortunately.) I still want to update my blog with your wedding pictures/Jack's baptism! (I SWEAR I'll get it done before your first anniversary & his first birthday! ha ha)

Love you lots!
L

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...