Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

Once again, I am stealing another survey from my sister Lisa's blog!

My week has not been the greatest. School has me wanting to pull every hair out of my head. In fact, it's Thursday and the fact that I'm not bald yet is amazing.

Things are starting to perk up, however. I am pretty much done with this 8 week session. So am on "vacation" until Monday. So am reallly looking forward to destressing by doing so extensive deep cleaning around the house.

SO excited!!

So here we go:

1. What's your favorite late night talk show?
I like Jay Leno now. I used to not, because seriously (as conceited as this may sound)--the shape of his head and appearance kind of annoyed me. I like watching it because it's on at like 9:00 now. So I am actually awake for it! (I got to bed at like...10:00-10:30 often).

However, I love Conan. His weird quirks make me smile.


2. If you got an all expense paid week-long trip for two, where would you go and who would you take?
I would take my husband, Ryan. We would get SCUBA certified prior to our trip to......Whitsunday Island, Australia (White Haven Beach). Absolutely gorgeous beaches with rain forest surrounding.

3. What's your stance on Botox?
It's horribly risky and not worth it. People have died. What's wrong with aging? It's part of the natural process of life. It's our skin--inevitable. I have no problem with dying your hair, staying fit and in shape to look good...but do we really need to inject botulism into our faces to freeze a smile on?? Just 2 cents...

4. I have to read a few classics for my 101 in 1001. Do you have any recommendations?
Unfortunately...not. I have read very few classics in my life. I plan on tackling this when I finish nursing school, and my masters (which I decided last night that I will be doing ASAP after I graduate next September!)

5. Have you ever broken any bones?
Upon my entrance into this world the doctor broke my collar bone. I was a big baby--needless to say. I think this just proves that fact that I was destined to be accident-prone and clumsy.
I've had a few stress fractures of my toes/feet in my days too.

6. What are your top five favorite television shows?
1) America's Next Top Model (I know, pathetic...but I love it)
2) The Today's Show
3) The Biggest Loser
4) Iron Chef
5) Fox News

7. What is something you are embarassed to admit?
I failed a test yesterday. It is the first thing I have ever failed in my entire life. It probably ranked up there with one of the most defeating moments of my life. Then I found out the teacher curved the test, and no one in the class passed the test. So I feel a little better.

8. Best movie line ever?
That is way difficult for me to pull at random out of the air. But my favorite movie moment to this day is probably the big, dramatic Jerry McGuire speech by Tom Cruise and Renee Zel. of "Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello. *tear* You had me at Hello!" I'm not letting you get rid of me. You. Complete. Me. *more tears*"

Oh..I cry everytime.

9. Cupcakes, cakes, or brownies?
To be honest. Neither really. But I guess I'll say brownies. I'm not a big fan of *cake* stuff. To be honest--I don't really like desert

10. Can someone PUH-LEASE help me find a dress to wear to a few weddings this winter?
Well..I don't have an answer to this. To be honest--I have the biggest fashion-deficit ever. I am a train-wreck. I would say 75-80% of my wardrobe comes from Target or Express. But ONLY Express because I used to work there--so everyhting is out-dated. If I lived in a cooler climate..I would definitely wear jeans and a cardigan sweater every single day of the week.

Comments

Fun - thanks for playing along!

I love those lines from Jerry McGuire, too! Classics.

As soon as you said you failed a test I KNEW it had to have been curved so that you technically didn't fail it!
Chelsea said…
You're a Biggest Loser fan too? How have we not blog-met yet?? I do Biggest Loser posts every Wednesday. It's a place for all of us Loser-lovers to come and vent and talk about our thoughts and feelings!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c