It has been busy lately! It has been awhile since I have purely blogged for enjoyment.
It seems this blog has become a list of disasters and adventures I run into during daily life. But life has been seemingly calm.
So here is a list of completely random new things that are consuming life lately!
1) I started the gas grill the other day for the 1st time since the "Pre-Wedding Hair-Burning Incident" (if you remember). Let's jsut say, upon pushing the ignition I just back about 20 ft to avoid any possible flame up.
It was less eventful this time.
2) I started my Pediatric rotation. I have been at the hospital in training/clinicals too much this week.
3) Kids are really cute, and they sure know how to melt my heart! But I really don't like seeing them sick hooked up to ventilators, going through chemo, IV's, and in pain. It hurts my heart, and is really hard for me to "leave at the office", as they say.
4) Ryan did some mad networking at his Telemetry conference in Las Vegas -- and has had these companies calling him left & right all week wanting to set up interviews. Very exciting!
5) We got our wedding pictures finally! If you have not yet seen them. Check them out www.photographybyjoelson.com, Click on Celebrations - To View an Event, click here - View Photos - Then enter the code: 40633PNastase
6) Ryan & I are hosting our 1st Thanksgiving this month. I am quite nervous. We have the potential of ruining someone else's holiday. Scary. We love to cook and do it quite often--so hopefully this will have trained us??
7) Really random Abby-fact: I am no longer eating cheese. I always have stomach aches. And most of my meals have cheese b/c I eat a large quantity of salads. I decided to start eliminating different foods out of my diet to isolate the problem. Since I quit eating cheese -- I have felt G.R.E.A.T.! Kinda weird. (it's probably all in my head? -- but it's been effective, so I'll take it!)
8) I have spent way too much time in meeting and lectures lately. I would say about 65% of my nursing class make me want to pull my hair out (one hair at a time with a tweezers, preferably).
9) Last night Ry & I made Chicken-Spinach Tortelli. It was the first time I have ever made a white sauce. I hated the sauce--loved the tortellinis! I am wondering how Italian restuarants do it. We only made like 14 tortellini's and it took like an hour!!??
10) The newest question that boggles my mind: How do they make Cheerio's?
-how do they make this little oat morsel, with a hole in the middle? Do they roll out individual little strips, and shape them into circles? Are they circles with holes punched in the middle? This truly boggles my mind. I need to email "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel.
Well, I hope you all have a fabulous week!! :)