Didn't even want to be a nurse, anymore.
Thought to myself, Nothing really draws me in.
How can I be doing well in my classes, when I'm absolutely miserable. I was actualy getting pist off when teachers would give me positive feedback.
But today, I got to be on the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). And it was amazing. Not so much the pediatric aspect of it all. But the ICU aspect, I loved. Which is perfect. Because my contracting hospital has no kids or babies. I felt like my education was finally being applied, I was thinking, I was being challenged.
It was incredible.
This is probably the shortest, most uninteresting blog I have written.
But I had to update.
I have had this cloud over head lately that has suppressed my past dreams. I didn't think I had the ability to reach my goals. I originally was excited about my career. And that excitement is back! So.....my game plan =
- Continue to network with my teachers/mentors to get a preceptorship in the ICU at my hospital this summer
- Do amazing in my Critical Care semester this summer.
- Get hired on at my hospital into the ICU.
- Apply and get accepted to the ASU Nurse Practitional Program
- Receive my DNP. Yep. Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- Love my life.
- Move back to MN .
- Love life even more.
And there's only 8 days left of class before my break!