Skip to main content

Christmas Recap!

This week has been crazy! Our flight returned to AZ at 2:00 AM Saturday night, Sunday morning -- however you want to look at it. It was supopsed to get in a 5:00 PM. This means that we were basically traveling from 9:00am - 2:00 am. LONG DAY! But, Hey! We got free round-trip tickets out of the deal, so I'm okay with it! :)

I started up my new semester on Monday. Home Health. This is not for me. A post is to come on this soon........ I have quite the nurse as a preceptor. I don't think they could've found anyone more polar opposite. And I get to drive around with her for 8 hours 2 days/week. Good times.

Anyways -- to the positive...Christmas vacation! I am going to bullet point the amazing cues of the trip, before I forgot about it all! It was such a wonderful trip, and I cherished every minute spent with family!

In no particular order......Moments I loved:
  • Leaving for ND on the day of a MAJOR snow storm. While in Salt Lake City; our flight got delayed. Being the "slightly" dramatic girl I am; all hell broke loose in my world. Tears rolled down my face, and I looked at Ryan and said "Merry Christmas. Looks like we will be stuck in this damn airport for Christmas." Ryan, trying to cheer me up got me a coffee from Starbucks and said "Cheer up, Abby! We'll get out of here." In tears, I said "No! I can't even DRINK this coffee. WE're going to be stuck here forever." Withing 15 minutes of this outburst, we were boarding our plane.
  • Arriving to the airport in our cheesy, ugly, hideous Christmas sweaters. Getting funny looks from many strangers.
  • Seeing my family for the first time in 5.5 months! All 5 kids were there!
  • Observing my Mom, Dad, and Ryan hang up 13 stockings from the ceiling about our fireplace. Amazing how big our family has grown!!
  • Seeing snow for the first time in a long time. And we saw PLENTY!
  • Watching my parents receive the VERY SAME prenuptial blessing from the same priest that married Ryan & I in August. Except it was for their 40th Anniversary. It brought tears to my eyes to see how strong their love is for each other after so many years.
  • Playing numerous games of Apples to Apples, and Bananagrams with my family.
  • Spending time with my nephews. I often worry they are not going to know who I am. So it brought tears to my eyes to receive welcoming hugs from all 4 of them!
  • Spending a week with my brother, his wife, and their 2 sons at the cabin! I lived with them for an entire summer--so it was fun to get to spend time with them again!
  • Cooking amazing meals, and eating amazing meals cooked for us by family! We definitely ate well: White-wine steamed crab legs, Ribs & sauerkraut, smoked ribs, turkey, Mom's amazing stuffing/mashed potatoes, and the list could go on and on!
  • Getting to be reminded of what -30 feels like!
  • Making margaritas when it was -20 outside.
  • Seeing the 22.5 in Walleye Ryan and my brother caught! And eating it after the catch!
  • Spending 9 HOURS in the Denver airport, with my best friend and husband! Planning out our vacation with our free ticket vouchers, getting completely jived up on too much coffee, and finding ways to entertain ourselves. It was a day we will never forget, that's for sure!
  • Feeling truly blessed every moment of every day that we were able to spend with the family!!!

These are just a few of the great moments, and I probably forgot some! But the jist is--we had a wonderful time!

Comments

It was so wonderful having you guys around for the holidays! I am so proud of you two for moving away - it's a great thing to do at your age and something I wish I had tried out... BUT - I love having you around so I look forward to your return to the midwest some day!!

Can't wait to see you at the end of Feb!
Mama Nastase said…
So glad you had a wonderful time!
Marlys said…
Having all my family together was the best Christmas gift there can ever be, despite the awful weather! We will never forget it, though and it was amazing that everyone actually got home in a snowstorm intact!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c