1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Mint Chocolate Chip
2. What is your earliest memory?
I have this bold memory being really young, sitting on the beach at Sunset Beach Resort, Battle Lake in my Mom's lap. I remember it being a sunny, hot day. I was playing in the sand, and she was cracking open sunflower seeds and giving them to me as a snack. Kind of random..but I remember it!
3. What is your earliest memory of a dessert?
My 3rd (?) birthday cake, made by my dear Grandma McDougall! She was incredibly talented!!!
The funny thing about this cake is..... that it was a Dog cake! We all know how much Abby despises dogs!
4. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Yes. I have such odd dreams. I have the "teeth falling out" dream every once in awhile. I also have a panic-stricken, doom-impending nightmare about a high school teacher I had that I don't have the greatest history with. I always have nightmares about her being my new boss at a job, attending my wedding, or visiting my home.
5. Have you ever dreamed about dessert?
Not really. I'm not a big dessert person.
6. What is one thing (aside from a cell phone or computer) that you cannot go the entire day without?
Brushing my teeth. If I had to go a day without brushing my teeth, I think I would crawl right out of my skin!
7. What is one dessert you could go your entire life without ever having again?
Many. Since I'm not too big on sweets -- there are a lot of desserts where I have decided "Because I don't really like it that much, there is no sense in wasting 700 empty, fattening calories on you". So cheesecake, most chocolate cakes, apple pie, cookie dough ice creams I could do without.
Oh! And Tres Leches cake. I tried one bite of it on our Honeymoon and actually gagged!!
8. If you could go on vacation tomorrow, where would you go? (Assume someone else is footing the bill, but within reason…so “the moon” won’t work)
The beach. Any nice beach with white sands, warm sun, and I would swim and bask in the sun all day.
9. If you could have any dessert tomorrow, what would you have (assume someone else is buying it for you. Within reason though, no “gold sprinkled ice cream cones.”)
Fresh Key Lime pie. Maybe I would have this on my balmy dream vacation
10. What was your first impression of your significant other? If you’re single, what was your first impression of your best friend?
I have several impressions of Ryan that stick in my head that are kind of funny!
1) I saw him at church my Freshman year, and distinctly remember thinking "A good looking, dark-featured, Catholic guy? I could date him!" (first time I saw him)
2) Second time I saw him, I was his "group leader" at a student government thing, but don't even remember him! I was too wrapped up in wanting to quit the group that I tried meeting noone. (shame on me!)
3) I was at the Relay for Life Cancer walk, and a huge/awful/tornado-like storm came in. They had to evacuate the area, and everyone had to crowd under these shelters. But Ryan was like the last person to get shelter, because he was helping take down tents, bring in tables, and basically save lives. I remember thinking "He's so heroic!"...or something like that ;)
11. What is your first impression of dessert pizza? (Personally, I think it’s weird. I love dessert but I don’t want any on my pizza.)
As a kid, it scared me. It looks like something that would be donated from a local nursing home to a Church supper.
When I finally tried it --I found my impression wasn't far off. I dislike "coffee cake".