- I am in my psychiatric-mental health nursing rotation right now. I originally chose nursing as my major beause from the time I was like 12 I wanted to be a psych nurse. I love it so far. The clinicals are incredible. I am finding I am more organized and ahead of things in this class than I ever have been! Now, if I could be this motived with Critical Care and my Capstone this summer......:)
- Ryan and I got an entire day together yesterday!!!! This is rare. My spring break kind of sucked. He would leave at about 6 a.m., and not return until 8 p.m. The poor guy is spread too thin! So I cherish a day like yesterday! Which consisted of.............
- Spring Training baseball!!!!!! Diamondbacks vs. Oakland Atheletics. It was nearly a close-out. 10-1. We met his bosses wife at the game and she insisted we ditch our seats & sit in the seats in front of them that they had purchased . So we were FRONT ROW BEHIND HOME PLATE! Incedible!!! I could hear the players talking to each other! I'm used to nose-bleeder-seats.
- It was in the upper 70's and sunny at the game yesterday. I got a great deal of sun. And we enjoyed the game with an fresh-grilled brat, sauerkrat, and an ice-cold beer. (I know....we had a mind-slip about he whole "No-meat-Friday rule")
- Last night I officially registered myself for the Arizona Distance Classic Half-Marathon. It's in............................2 WEEKS! Some of you may think "Wow, what are you thinking?" But I've been doing this "base-training" thing lately, where I basically have my body trained for a long race if one comes up. So, I talked myself into it! I miss races :(, so I'm looking forward to this!
- I am coking Ryan a hearty Irish Beef Stew today while he's at guard. I have to buy Guiness for it. (Ewwwwww!! Chewy. Smells like sesame oil! Ryan likes it though, so he'll be happy) (possible recipe post to come soon)
- On THURSDAY, we leave for Puerto Penasco, Mexico for 4 days!!!!!! It's the destination where we got engaged. I cannot explain how excited I am for 4 days of beaches, seafood, lounging in the sun, and just the funness of Mexico!!!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I must say there are many good things I have to be happy about right now!