Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy?

-I would put it towards a new Dyson vacuum cleaner!
2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had?
-I've never had lamb, which I could consider fairly common. However my father in law did put it in spaghetti sauce, so I can now say I've *had* it. But not plain.
-I've never eaten Girls Scout cookies. And probably never will....I'm not a big cookie fan.

3. What was your favorite way to use your imagination as a kid?
I played a LOT of "House" as a kid. All kids do that though, so it's not that neat.

 I also remember practicing the piano a lllloott (I started piano when I was in first grade), and pretending that I was putting on a concert. I would take like 10 songs, arrange them in order, and imagine I was performing my own concert.

4. What’s your favorite state? Why?
Minnesota: it has my family, our lake cabin, Minneapolis, the chain of lakes (great running trails), I got married there, I was born there, and I ran a marathon there! It's a good state. :)

I also think AZ is a pretty cool state. It's often the warmest state in the country. And there's so much variety: Tucson desert, the Tucson mountains, Phoenix, lakes of Phoenix, Lake Havasu, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff (wintery and snowy), great camping, White Mountains, John McCain.


5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice?
Yes. I think they would have hand-picked Ryan to be my husband!
6. What’s your favorite herb?
Cilantro. It can really bring a fresh kick to many dishes -- Mexican food, many salads, and I make a cilantro-lime vinagerette that is great on salads. It can also complement Asian food too!

7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose?
Zooey Deschanel. I know very little about her personally. But, if she is anything like the blunt, dry characters she always plays -- I would love to have dinner with her. She's probably my favorite actress.

8. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
It is a tight race between The Little Mermaid and Aladin. I was obsessed with Aladin as a kid. I even changed my name to Jasmine. And I really have a liking for it's music. But I also loved The Little Mermaid.
9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose?
The Beauty of her Soul - Sade. It's on an album I love to listen to/study to called "Songs Without Words". It's jus ta very simple piano song, and just beautiful! I hightly recommend it.
10. How do you order your steak?
The only thing keeping it from mooing is the fact that it has been seared on the grill! Okay, not really -- especially if it's at a restaurant. I would've trust a restaraunt to give it to me that rare. But at home, I like it pretty bloody!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I never knew you liked your steak that rare!! Very interesting... I need mine a little bit more cooked, but the older I get, the rare I like it so maybe someday I will be a rare person like you!

I also love Zoey Deschanel. I probably butchered the spelling of her name. I am too lazy to look up the correct spelling. I have been thinking about 500 of Day of Summer & wanting to watch it again! Might need to buy it!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...