1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy?
-I would put it towards a new Dyson vacuum cleaner!
2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had?
-I've never had lamb, which I could consider fairly common. However my father in law did put it in spaghetti sauce, so I can now say I've *had* it. But not plain.
-I've never eaten Girls Scout cookies. And probably never will....I'm not a big cookie fan.
3. What was your favorite way to use your imagination as a kid?
I played a LOT of "House" as a kid. All kids do that though, so it's not that neat.
I also remember practicing the piano a lllloott (I started piano when I was in first grade), and pretending that I was putting on a concert. I would take like 10 songs, arrange them in order, and imagine I was performing my own concert.
4. What’s your favorite state? Why?
Minnesota: it has my family, our lake cabin, Minneapolis, the chain of lakes (great running trails), I got married there, I was born there, and I ran a marathon there! It's a good state. :)
I also think AZ is a pretty cool state. It's often the warmest state in the country. And there's so much variety: Tucson desert, the Tucson mountains, Phoenix, lakes of Phoenix, Lake Havasu, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff (wintery and snowy), great camping, White Mountains, John McCain.
5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice?
Yes. I think they would have hand-picked Ryan to be my husband!
6. What’s your favorite herb?
Cilantro. It can really bring a fresh kick to many dishes -- Mexican food, many salads, and I make a cilantro-lime vinagerette that is great on salads. It can also complement Asian food too!
7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose?
Zooey Deschanel. I know very little about her personally. But, if she is anything like the blunt, dry characters she always plays -- I would love to have dinner with her. She's probably my favorite actress.
8. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
It is a tight race between The Little Mermaid and Aladin. I was obsessed with Aladin as a kid. I even changed my name to Jasmine. And I really have a liking for it's music. But I also loved The Little Mermaid.
9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose?
The Beauty of her Soul - Sade. It's on an album I love to listen to/study to called "Songs Without Words". It's jus ta very simple piano song, and just beautiful! I hightly recommend it.
10. How do you order your steak?
The only thing keeping it from mooing is the fact that it has been seared on the grill! Okay, not really -- especially if it's at a restaurant. I would've trust a restaraunt to give it to me that rare. But at home, I like it pretty bloody!