But I've realized -- who knows when we'll move...and I am missing out on years of great gardening!
So yesterday, I finally went out and purchased pots, a big bag of soil, a watering can, and a nice array of plants!
To make this purchase, we used a small little portion of our tax return this year! And I realized, if everyone took a little bit of their tax return to plant some flowers, a tree, some fresh herbs, etc -- think of what we'd be giving back to our world!
Yes, I officially just want hippy on you all. But it's just a thought!
So here is the final product!: Let's hope they are fruitful, and my green-thumb comes to life!
Geraniums (in the middle) and Vincas (on the outside)
Celebrity Tomato plant - (side view, I am way not computer savy and cannot figure out to flip the image).
So, let us hope this works out! It would make a very happy lady! :)
In addition to our gardening....this weekend we:
- I made a new recipe of Lemon-Herbed Baked Chicken. One of my new favorites!
- Spent every evening of the weekend enjoying the gorgeous AZ weather sitting on our deck!
- Studied at the library in a small, confined room for almost 7 hours on Saturday (I about went crazy).
- After Sunday morning mass......we changed clothes and returned to a place that I haven't stepped on in almost 2 years...........................
- We hit up the driving range. Wow, my golfing needs work. In addition to being rusty - it only got worse. All the "Snow Birds" of Green Valley, AZ found it necessary to comment on our swinging.
- "You know, if you did this....", "You should really do this..."
- I wanted to remind them that "Hi, I don't golf every day. So take it easy...."
- I planted our garden, and Ryan cleaned the garage. We truly are the classic American married couple. I love every second of it :)
- We made a new recipe: Portobello Mushroom Pizzas - on the grill! Recipe to come this week! I will be bold enough to say this is a new favorite food! Very healthy too!!
Hope you all had a great weekend, and are off to a beautiful Monday!