Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!!

1. What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan)
-I would love to travel to Peru after reading "The Sunflower". I am inspired to do a big hiking expedition up Macchu Picchu some day!
 -I was also inspired to climb Macchu Picchu from a song. Back in high school, at All-State Band, we played a song that was written about the discovery of Macchu Picchu. The song was very mystical and I will never forget it! I wish I could post the song...but, it was just a high school band so it's probably not on the internet anywhere!

2. Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?
My Mom & Dad!

3. Where would said dream trip be to?
I was going to say Rome.....but then my sister said Rome in her blog! So I will say San Diego. I'm in a San-Diego-y mood since our trip! It's so beautiful there - and I think they would love Coronado Island (where we stayed)

4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
Okay, so I'm going to take the route of "where I live now". For, Wyndmere, ND isn't the most exciting place in the world.
-I would take them up Mount Lemmon. It's this 25 mile drive up a mountain with the most gorgeous look-outs and scenery. There are also hiking trails along the way. The top of the mountain has a cute, quaint, town called Summerhaven. They have an Oktoberfest festival in the fall, skiing/snowboarding in the winter...it's really fun!
-Agua Caliente. It is a little out of the way (especially from where we live...). But I think it's incredible, and is proof that natural water can occur despite a raging desert. It is this oasis out in the middle of the dessert full of palm trees. It seriously reminds you of being in the "prehistoric times".
-Ra. Our favorite restaurant. Delicious sushi & ceviche. And the outdoor seating is breath-taking with the mountains up-close all around you! Mmm.. (Mom, I won't talk you there...but there are many neighboring restaraunts in the area you and Dad would love, since you're not super-sushi fans!)

5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains?
-Right now I would say mountains to do a weekend of camping. We have our "camping box" all packed & ready to go! We just need the days to do it! We are completly planing on doing several of these trips this summer!

6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
I got my passport before we moved to Tucson, due to it's close proximity to Mexico. When we 1st moved here, random trips to Mexico were totally normal - since we are about an hour from the border! However, with the way the "border security" is - that is definitely out-of-the-question now, unfortunately :(

Funny we are discussing passports, because I am currently in the process of renewing mine to my married name! You never know when a get-away out of the country may come!

7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
Not really. Unless it's something special to the area. For example - I always collect petrified shark teeth from Venice, FL when we visit my aunts & uncles, and when we went to Coronado Beach, San Diego - I collected many sand dollars!

I also have a nice collection of chili-pepper serving dishes & aprons going on in my home!

8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
Oh, one of my favorite things is "paint-color names". They are so funny. I would a light cranberry-color and name it "Spritzer". (hahahah "light-cranberry" is a *paint color in itself...) I'm sure that's been used already - those paint-folks have come up with everything!

9. If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)
Honestly? I would head to Minneapolis. And would set up plans to get together with as many siblings/family possible! I miss family and people who love me . :-)

10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?

The smell of Chlorox and Pinesol is very very very nostalgic. It reminds me of my home growing up! My mom was a darn-good house-keeper, and the house always had great scents.
Also, Ryan has a very specific scent of soap/cologne/deoderant he uses.When I smell those scents, I feel like I could faint. I told him if he ever gets deployed (military) - I will probably steal a bottle of his cologne just to smell whenever I miss him!

Comments

I'd love to have you visit for a weekend! Miss you!

Besides taking mom to Rome, my other thought was hiking Macchu Pichu with you! Did you know Suzanne is doing it at the end fo her stay in South America? So jealous!!

I am glad that I am contributing to your apron collection. What a fun thing to collect! :)
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed your ten today, it is fun getting to know you a little better each week. I gasped, just a little, when you wrote about certain smells...coffee brewing always reminds me of my grandma...I miss her so much! Smells can be so comforting.
PS...I am looking forward to visiting RA once again...it is my favorite! I don't think Bud would like the food but he would appreciaate the vista. Love ya!
Marlys said…
Pinesol and chlorox! Oh, I lol when I read that! Honestly, my house is not that clean! Since we have an empty nest, I only clean about once every other week - and sometimes it stretches out longer than that! I did clean more often when you kids were home, but there was a reason for that! Hmmmm!
I would love to have you fly to Mpls! I'd drive there in a heartbeat to see you and the rest of the clan! Love you and miss you sooo much - but only a month from now and we'll be in beautiful Tucson!
qwerkyqook said…
mmmm clorox!! <i´ll think of you when i´m climbing macchu pichu next week!! pray i dont get eaten by an enormous spider!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c