1. What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan)
-I would love to travel to Peru after reading "The Sunflower". I am inspired to do a big hiking expedition up Macchu Picchu some day!
-I was also inspired to climb Macchu Picchu from a song. Back in high school, at All-State Band, we played a song that was written about the discovery of Macchu Picchu. The song was very mystical and I will never forget it! I wish I could post the song...but, it was just a high school band so it's probably not on the internet anywhere!
2. Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?
My Mom & Dad!
3. Where would said dream trip be to?
I was going to say Rome.....but then my sister said Rome in her blog! So I will say San Diego. I'm in a San-Diego-y mood since our trip! It's so beautiful there - and I think they would love Coronado Island (where we stayed)
4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
Okay, so I'm going to take the route of "where I live now". For, Wyndmere, ND isn't the most exciting place in the world.
-I would take them up Mount Lemmon. It's this 25 mile drive up a mountain with the most gorgeous look-outs and scenery. There are also hiking trails along the way. The top of the mountain has a cute, quaint, town called Summerhaven. They have an Oktoberfest festival in the fall, skiing/snowboarding in the winter...it's really fun!
-Agua Caliente. It is a little out of the way (especially from where we live...). But I think it's incredible, and is proof that natural water can occur despite a raging desert. It is this oasis out in the middle of the dessert full of palm trees. It seriously reminds you of being in the "prehistoric times".
-Ra. Our favorite restaurant. Delicious sushi & ceviche. And the outdoor seating is breath-taking with the mountains up-close all around you! Mmm.. (Mom, I won't talk you there...but there are many neighboring restaraunts in the area you and Dad would love, since you're not super-sushi fans!)
5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains?
-Right now I would say mountains to do a weekend of camping. We have our "camping box" all packed & ready to go! We just need the days to do it! We are completly planing on doing several of these trips this summer!
6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
I got my passport before we moved to Tucson, due to it's close proximity to Mexico. When we 1st moved here, random trips to Mexico were totally normal - since we are about an hour from the border! However, with the way the "border security" is - that is definitely out-of-the-question now, unfortunately :(
Funny we are discussing passports, because I am currently in the process of renewing mine to my married name! You never know when a get-away out of the country may come!
7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
Not really. Unless it's something special to the area. For example - I always collect petrified shark teeth from Venice, FL when we visit my aunts & uncles, and when we went to Coronado Beach, San Diego - I collected many sand dollars!
I also have a nice collection of chili-pepper serving dishes & aprons going on in my home!
8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
Oh, one of my favorite things is "paint-color names". They are so funny. I would a light cranberry-color and name it "Spritzer". (hahahah "light-cranberry" is a *paint color in itself...) I'm sure that's been used already - those paint-folks have come up with everything!
9. If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)
Honestly? I would head to Minneapolis. And would set up plans to get together with as many siblings/family possible! I miss family and people who love me . :-)
10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?
The smell of Chlorox and Pinesol is very very very nostalgic. It reminds me of my home growing up! My mom was a darn-good house-keeper, and the house always had great scents.
Also, Ryan has a very specific scent of soap/cologne/deoderant he uses.When I smell those scents, I feel like I could faint. I told him if he ever gets deployed (military) - I will probably steal a bottle of his cologne just to smell whenever I miss him!