Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

1. What two cities should be moved closer together?

Wow, I bet no one is going to be able to guess this one.....;)

That is totally easy! Tucson, AZ and Battle Lake, MN should be a nice 10-15 minute drive from each other! That is the big meeting place for my family during the summer, and now for many holidays! That would be a dream come true if we just pushed those cities together! ;)
2. What was the first plane ride you took?
Well, 1st EVER was a little "puddle jumper" of a plane in 5th grade. It was for a school field trip! How neat, now thinking about to that!
My 1st real plane ride was to Chicago when I was in 6th grade! I will never forget it. People probably thought it was the 1st time my parents let me off a farm or something. I kept the "Northwest" glass and peanut package as "souvenirs". What a weird kid I was!
3. What continent would you most like to visit?
Definitely Europe. There is so much I would love to see there! Scottland, Germany, Italy, France, Norway, Spain....ah. :) Some day!!!!!
4. What’s your favorite place to window-shop?
This isn't actual "window-shopping"....but it's the same idea - LongRealty.com. I love going on the website on my downtime and looking at houses to figure out what I want!
I also like window shopping at Crate & Barrel.
5. What’s the least fun you’ve ever had at a place specifically tailored for fun?
The only thing that really sticks out for me is my high school Homecoming Cornation, Senior year. I was a homecoming candidate.
I will never forget preparing to be "escorted in". I was standing in the hallway, sobbing my eyes out. Thank God my Mom came to the rescue, was wiping the tears from my eyes reminding me that I will be graduated from that place in no time!
It is incredible how mean and caddy girls can be! Now looking back, it's silly how worked up I got over things - but they sure affect young women at that age!!
6. You’re stuck on an island with plenty of food, a companion, and a relatively stress-free lifestyle. What do you say when the rescue ship comes?
"Wrong Island! Hope you find those stranded folks!!!" ;)
7. Which day of the week do you look forward to most?
It's a tie between Friday & Saturday. Friday is my "Zen Day" - I always include a good workout, full house cleaning, outdoor time, and a fun evening with Ryan (usually involving cooking a fun meal or going out for sushi). However, I live for Saturdays! :-) Almost always complete freedom.
8. What’s your favorite place to enjoy the great outdoors?
Battle Lake, MN or Seven Falls/Sabino Canyon here in Tucson. I love the lake, water sports, family, and just serenity of the lakes.

And I love hiking Sabino Canyon - you cross 7 water falls on the way up the mountain. At the very top, there are natural pools of fresh water -- such a reward!!
9. What’s on your “to do” list this summer?
-Recieve my BSN on August 20, 2010!!! (Yay)
-Get hired on as an RN at my sponsoring hospital in the perfect unit for me!
-Go camping in the White Mountains
-Swim 2 miles (The most I've done is 1 mile. Summer is my "off-season" for running in AZ)
-Have successful tomato plants! And get a mini-herb garden!
-Learn to Surf. Long board.- hopefully on a weekend getaway for our 1st Anniversary to San Diego again!!!
10. Which natural disaster freaks you out the most?
-Hurricanes. Not in Tucson though. We don't really have natural disaster in Tucson. But hurricanes are terrifying. Do fires count? They aren't always "natural".... I think a fire is just terrifying.

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Ok, I laughed out loud re: your first plane ride. Hilarious.

High school was so traumatic, wasn't it? God it was awful. Wouldn't go back for all the tea in China. Seriously. Thank God mom was right when she told us none of it would matter!

Sabino Canyon sounds awesome!

And how exciting that you are going back to SD for your anniversary!!
Marlys said…
Yup, Battle Lake & Tucson should be a few miles apart! On Lisa's blog I said Fargo but now I'm changing it to BL!!! High school was traumatic in so many ways - small towns can be so awful and then sometimes the best! You and Lisa didn't have such great classmates so not the best experience. I'm so glad to have that drama behind us!
Cherry Blossoms said…
Abby you are so funny! I laughed when I read about your plane ride experience and Chris and I really need to come down and do some hiking. Would love to do the fresh water pools! Its like a little bit of Maui it sounds like!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...