Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
It was pretty basic. I think I was 15 or 16 when I got it. It was neccessary, though. I drove an hour to MSUM in Fargo ("the big city") weekly for trombone lessons; and 30 minutes to piano lessons weekly as well. With all the winter storms, and me being on the hour for up to 3 hours/week - having a phone was nice!

It was no blackberry, which is not neccessary for kids. I seriously saw like a 9 year old the other day walking down the street playing on his crackberry. Unbelieveable!


2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" - by the fantastic Dr. Seuss. I can still hear my Mom's animated voice reading it!
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
It was a Toyota Celica, passed down to me by Lisa. I loooved it. The headlights popped up and the antennea was retractable! Let's not talk about the loss of that car. Very sad and irresponsible story on my part!

4. Who was your hero growing up?
My Dad. He will always be my hero, too :)

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
I repress bad memories. Ish. The only kisses I remember are with my husband! :)

6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
"Bad" is an understatement my friends. If I had a picture of it, Iwould scan it. I once wanted my mom to burn every picture of me in those days. Picture this:
-Boy-cut short hair
-Glasses
-Braces
-Junior high awkward
-Chubby, chubby, chubby girl!!!
-Gross. No wonder I wasn't exactly the "popular one" in junior high......


7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
Realistic dream? Still waiting for that to happen. It has become part of our morning routine to analyze Abby's weird-whack dreams and try to figure out "What did I see/do yesterday that would make me dream about that!?"
A dream-analyst (or psychiatrist) would have a hay day with my dreams....

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Definitely dogs. I remember going to houses of friends/families with dogs and being absolutely terrified of getting out of the car!!! Nothing traumatic ever happened to me with dogs, I've always been afraid.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I had to google this, because I don't remember the different characters. And I couldn't just choose one...So:
-"Abby-Cadabby" was a muffet created to increase the "female muppets". I chose her just purely due to her name.
-Some days I'm like Bert. Kind of boring and withdrawn. However, I don't collect paperclips....
-Some days I'm like Elmo - giddy, silly, and I'm extraordinarily ticklish. Like to the point where I hate being touched.
-Some days I feel like Big Bird - I feel goofy and out-of-place.
-And there are days where I feel like Oscar the Grouch. I just want to hermit into a garbage can and shoe everyone away!

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
First thing that comes to mind is the marathon - but that's just due to the training. By the time the actual race came - I was ready!
So I choose a time in my life where I have made "personal" changes. We humans can all be rigid at times - and I am the queen of rigidity! So changing one's attitudes/lifestyle/way of thinking can be *not so easy*! I'm a healthier and happier person because of little improvements/changes in life!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I also had the terrible boy haircut. Just awful.

I am posting mine on Thursday!

I still miss my Celica. That was a great car. :)
Marlys said…
Oh, the Celica! You both had adventures with that car but we shall forget it's demise! You both are too critical of you haircuts! I think you both looked adorable in them! At least I didn't give you home perms that made your hair kinky like my Mom did!
Marlys said…
Oh, by the way, your Dad's buttons are popping!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...