Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday!

It's Tuesday AGAIN! I will be recapping soon the weekend of fantastic festivities of family! In the meantime, my brain is FRIED, I am beyond exhausted, I had a LONG day of clincals; and I feel like being mindless ;)

So....Ten on Tuesday!! :)


1. If your name was a verb, what would “to Chelsea” mean? (Insert your own name though…)

"To Abby": to fall, trip, or spill something; to react in an overly-exaggerated manner. In a sentence: "You really Abbyed this morning when you fell on your face!"

*Time out story: I have to walk about a mile to my hospital for clinicals in the morning. I was sick and exhuasted this morning on my way in; and was crossing the street in a frenzy at 6 a.m., and tripped on a curb and feel flat on my face right near downtown Tucson. Yep. I definited "Abbied" ;) At that point, I wanted to walk back to my car, drive home, and crawl into bed!

2. What myth have you always wanted to prove or bust?
That you cannot lick your elbow. I know it's possible.I know this because my husband Ryan did it. If you don't believe me? Meet him, and he will show you. It's very strange. I wish I could do that.......
3. If you had the ability to get a message out to the entire world, what would you say?
Take care of yourself!!!! From the beginning! Don't let it get so bad it's to late! Wear your seatbelts in the care! Wear a helmet on your motorcycle and bicycle! And reach out to loved ones and people in need; and LISTEN! It hurts my heart to see bad things happen to people that could've been prevented. :(

4. I know you’ve answered a similar question before, but it’s been awhile. Please name your current top 10 blogs.
To be honest; I don't think I read 10 blogs. Actually, my time spent in "Blog Land" should really be spent with my nose in my critical care text book. But here's the blogs I do frequent!:
1) http://www.lisasyarns.blogspot.com/
2) http://www.adventureswithbandb.blogspot.com/
3) http://www.redsoxcap.com/
4) http://www.hjrcherryblossoms.blogspot.com/
5) http://www.qwerkyqook.blogspot.com/

5. Do you have a junk drawer?
Kind of. It's funny though; because silly arguments occur over the "junk drawer". It's in our kitchen and it has coupons, envelops,stamps, pens, and usb cords. One time, I found a lighter in it and was like "What is THIS doing in here? this belongs somewhere else". And Ryan was like "Uhm. Isn't that the everything drawer?" .... I guess my "everything drawer is still selective....

6. Bottled water or tap?
Tap. I need a little "flavor" and "oomph" to my water ;). Plus, minerals are good. I do filter my water with the Brita! But if I'm traveling, I resort to bottled.

7. As a kid, did you have a favorite Biblical story?
Yes. I always loved the story about the birth of Jesus; of course - what kid doens't love the mystery of the Christmas story. But the other one that always stuck with me was the story of the Leprosy. For some reason - whoever told that story to me made it very vivid how awful of a disease it was; and I thought it was so neat that something so "handicapping" and "secluding" was healed.
8. What is your favorite black and white movie?
Casablanca. And I know it's not a movie....but I looooooooove "I Love Lucy". Was obsessed as a kid!

9. Aside from your engagement/wedding rings, what is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own? Does it have a story behind it?
I have a necklace called my "Prayer Necklace" that I got as a Confirmation gift. It's like a little locket with a cross on it - and you can write a "prayer" on a pice of paper and put it in the "box" and wear it around your neck. I swear that necklace has magic powers; because it's been on me during someone my most trying moments in life! In fact, I now only wear it for certain occasions. (superstitious? ....maybe...)

10. What sports/activites do you hope your kids will be involved in? (Answer for both a boy and a girl)
I just think kids need to have "something" they are involved in. I really hope they would love piano, and track, and public speaking. Maybe girls will be nurses; boys will be little engineers. (Hmmm....) But, in all honesty; I just think each child needs to have something thye enjoy; be it painting, writing, basketball, building circuits, learning about money/banking, playing the cello or guitar! Let them be creative! :)

Comments

Ha - love your "to Abby' at the beginning! i also am prone to tripping & falling!

And yea for figuring out the scheduled post thing. :)

Hope you are feeling 100% today!
Jess said…
I wouldn't mind seeing someone be able to lick their elbows...I truly thought this was impossible!!

(FYI - I did totally try and lick my elbow after I read this and I wasn't able to!)
Marlys said…
Abby, we didn't know Ryan had such talents! Next time we see you we will have to have him perform that trick! He must have a short upper arm or a long tongue! So funny!
You're right about the tripping and falling trait - runs in the family I believe. Also spilling things - ahem!!! You know what I mean, right? LOL!
Kelly said…
I agree with you about the kids thing- as long as they love something, that's really all I care about :) Though I'd love for the boys some of the more dangerous ones- I'll be rooting for golf haha.

Love the "To Abby" haha

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c