Skip to main content

Friday Date Night

The decision was made that we were due for a night out!

We aren't offically "members" of the group - but through the company Ryan works for, we always receive inoformation on a group called "Tucson's Young Professionals". It's a group of people in their mid twenties - early thirties that his company hooks their new-hires up with. It's basically a networking organization throughout our city of various companies. They do individual events, and then monthy an event called "First Friday's" occurs downtown at the Art Museum. They have music, a bar, a cigar patio, "speed networking" and every month they exhibit some form of entertainment.

The array of people there was interesting.I was expecting all...businessy people. (Wow, wise term.) But there was every profession from pharmacists, nurse (me!), engineers, models, personal fitness trainers, accountants, the list goes on.

This Friday they featured "Urban Art". I thought this was pretty cool. Disclaimer - I know very little about art (in the forms of paiting, drawing, sculpting, etc.). They had various dance performances and artists doing "graffiti-like paintings" to for auction off.

It was neat to see. Graffiti is terrible here - and it ruins beautiful property and absolutely breaks my heart. But this "movement" of "Urban Art" is trying to apparently an outlash agaisnt property graffiti.

The arist works on a giant canvas, and uses free-lance to create beautiful works.

The museum also had an Andy Warhol exhibit being featured. I've never actually been to an art museum. Ryan and I had fun pretending we knew something about art while perusing the various exhibits. There were so many instances where all I could think was, "I don't get it...." But, that makes it more interesting - for I'm sure there is some very deep meaning behind.

Prior to our evening, we tried out a new sushi restaurant in downtown Tucson called "On A Roll". It was good, rolls were HUGE, but definitely not as "fresh" as Ra. But we will definitely try it out again!

It was our first time attending one of these events.

Well, we tried going to one back in December but someone (me) wasn't feeling well - so we only made it through dinner....

Did we get any "networking" accomplished at this event?--Nope. We haven't seen much of each other even since Ryan got back (life is crazy busy!!!) -

 Plus, I'd rather spend my one night out talking to someone I enjoy (Ryan) rather than painting on a fake face to play the networking game of: "Hi! I'm very accomplished! Nice to meet you! I'm going to call you by name to act personal, but really I just see your name tag!" ;)

I didn't get any photos, and I tried googlings pictures of this Joe Pagnac guy who does the Urban Art...but couldn't find much unfortunately. So I'll leave you with an Andy Warhol work that I enjoy :)..

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Comments

Sounds like a fun night out! You should have posted a pic of what you wore!

Sounds like a great organization to be a part of, though. I really learned how important networking is when interviewing for my target job. It's nice to know other young professionals in the area, too. Might be a good way to meet some mature couples. :)

Aside from the art museum in Chicago, I haven't been to any museums in the US. ALl the museums I've been to are in Europe!!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for